clipr v188.8.131.52 Release NotesRelease Date: 2017-07-13 // over 4 years ago
- 🛠 Fix a bug in parsing consecutive Optional values.
- 🛠 Fix minor resx issues.
- ➕ Add ability to mask password.
- ➕ Add "optional" value constraint for reference or nullable types.
- ➕ Add section in help generation for required named arguments.
- 🛠 Fixed bug in .Net Core localization resource name.
- 📜 Rework fluent parser into separate ParserBuilder class. Now all "configuration" happens there and a parser is built from the resulting config.
- Further strengthen the separation between "config", which defines the argument configuration properties, and "context", which orchestrates the parsing state machine. Allows the parser to be (more) threadsafe -- no guarantees that it's truly threadsafe right now.
- ➕ Add new Parser Option that allows partial (prefix) matching on long named arguments, so long as the name is unambiguous. For example, with an argument named "checkout" you could use "--check" so long as there isn't another conflicting argument name (such as "checkin").
- 🔧 Simplified AutomatedHelpGenerator, exposing the parser's configuration object so that you can generate help messages on-demand.
- Ported code to .NET Core. I saw a bunch of weird bugs where the code would
compile but fail at runtime with a
MissingMethodException, so there may still be issues in there.
- ➕ Add the ability to translate help information from Resource files (#26).
- Scale width of help screen to the terminal size (#29)
- 🛠 Fix bug in sample where negative numbers in varargs parsing 📜 (like a List<>) would prematurely terminate the parser.
- 😌 Relax restrictions preventing NumArgs=0 when it's the lower bound (NumArgsConstraint.AtLeast). It is still disallowed for the exact count and the upper bound.
- 👀 Implement static enumeration parsing (see below)
- Implement required named arguments (via property)
- Implemented ability to assign TypeConverters on a per-property basis to allow overriding built-in types.
- 🛠 Fix bug when serializing to Lists.
- Set Constraint to accept 1+ parameters when action is Append or AppendConst.
- ➕ Added Dictionary Backend
- Fleshed out Fluent interface.
- Reorganized imports so attributes are part of the base clipr namsepace.
- ➕ Added support for Verbs (sub-options).
- ➕ Added alternative Fluent interface for defining commands
- 🛠 Fixed bug where varargs parameters would consume arguments that start with -.
- ➕ Added TryParse method
- 📜 Renamed ParseStrict to StrictParse (for consistency's sake)
- 📜 Reordered any public parse methods where T object came first (also to retain consistency across the public API).
- 🎉 Initial release with automated help generation.