Hot Chocolate v12.0.0 Release Notes
🛠 ###### Fixes
- Custom type inspectors can now again add custom ignores. #3399
- 🛠 Fixed issue where descriptor attributes on resolvers were ignored. (#3892)
- 🛠 Fixed that the socket interceptor
OnCloseAsyncmethod was not invoked. (#3951)
- 🛠 Fixed MongoDB
- 🛠 Fixed handling of enums that contain underscore. (#4056)
- 🛠 Fixed ignoring fields with
- 🛠 Fixed issue with socket session interceptor dependency injection. (#4055)
- 🛠 Fixed issue to allow ignoring enum values. (#4020)
- 🛠 Fixed override of resolver pipeline in operation optimizers. (#4128)
- 🛠 Fixed enum default values. (#4129)
- 🛠 Fixed initialization of default values. (#4156)
- 🛠 Fixed the variable coercion when variable values are omitted. #4103
- 🛠 Fixed spatial MultiLine, MultiPolygon, MultiPoint parsing
- ➕ Added various catches to prevent unobserved task exceptions on Subscriptions. #4052
- 👍 Allow upcast when extending types and injecting the parent (#4159)
- 👍 Allow Resolver Inlining (#3700)
- Introduced Query Plans (#3674)
- Introduced Serial Resolvers (#3674, #3837, #3882)
- Neo4J Data Integration (#2849)
- 👍 Allow control over type attribute inheritance (#3886).
- ➕ Added support for abstract projections. (#3650)
- Introduced non-cachable document validation rules. (#3884)
- ➕ Added type converter for relay global ID to HotChocolate.Data. (#3917)
- 🔧 Introduced new low-level type configuration API for dynamic schemas.
- ➕ Added better descriptions to cursor paging fields and arguments. (#4000)
- ➕ Added better descriptions to node fields and arguments. (#4000)
- Introduced nodes field. (#4000)
- Introduced field middleware order validation for HotChocolate.Data and paging middleware (#4012).
AggregateErrorto allow rewriting a single error into multiple errors. (#4014)
- ✨ Enhanced error handling for variables to better pinpoint the actual error. (#4037)
- ➕ Added
- Reworked schema-first APIs to align with code-first APIs.
- ➕ Added support for
HotChocolate.Dataand paging attributes to schema-first.
- ➕ Added more
- ➕ Added queryable extension methods for
- ➕ Added the ability to compile resolver argument injections for the resolver compiler.
- ➕ Added a new runtime-type validation to debug errors better when types are leaked by accident into the type initialization.
- Opened up MongoDB API for external use. (#4119)
- ➕ Added
ObjectIDscalar type for MongoDB.
- ➕ Added more endpoint configuration methods to more fine-grained configure into what transport spec the server supports.
- ➕ Added support for named type references.
- ➕ Added support for type modules.
- ➕ Added support for injecting types in type interceptor.
- ➕ Added more options to build types that depend on not yet existing types for extensions like
- 👌 Improved schema initialization.
- Introduced option to require paging boundaries #4074
- ➕ Add more capabilities to control how the connection name is created #4081
- ➕ Added support for attributes to schema-first #4102
- ➕ Added the ability to control the XML documentation file name when inferring documentation from the runtime types. (#4149)
- ➕ Added a unified cache to DataLoader.
- 0️⃣ Reworked scalar defaults for URL and UUID. (#3822)
- Reworked dependency injection of Hot Chocolate extensions to automatically inject application dependencies. (#3833)
- 🗄 Deprecated
- 🗄 Deprecated ObjectFieldDescriptor.Resolver() overloads.
- 🔧 Split the
EnableRelaySupportconfiguration method into two separate APIs that allow to opt-into specific relay schema features. (#3972)
- 🚚 Moved DataLoader code out of
- ⚡️ Optimized subscription message receive handler. (#4143)
- 👌 Improved execution of batches during processing.
- 👌 Improved async work processing (#4006)
- Made GUID serialization more robust. (#3843)
- 🛠 Fix UrlSerializer for absolute URLs #3875
Banana Cake Pop
- ➕ Added the capability to filter types in the schema reference.
- ➕ Added IntelliSense for variables.
- We now add
httpsas a scheme when you type the url without schema in the endpoint field.
- ⚡️ Optimized component code splitting for better load times
- 🛠 Fixed shortcut label texts for Windows and Linux