LibGit2Sharp alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Git Tools" category.
Alternatively, view LibGit2Sharp alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.6 9.7 L2 LibGit2Sharp VS GitExtensionsGit Extensions is a standalone UI tool for managing git repositories. It also integrates with Windows Explorer and Microsoft Visual Studio (2015/2017/2019).
Helps solving issues of credentials, made by Microsoft
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of LibGit2Sharp or a related project?
LibGit2Sharp brings all the might and speed of libgit2, a native Git implementation, to the managed world of .NET and Mono.
- Windows: .NET 4.6.1+
- Linux/Mac OS X: Mono 5.4+
Troubleshooting and support
- Usage or programming related question? Post it on StackOverflow using the tag libgit2sharp
- Found a bug or missing a feature? Feed the issue tracker
- Announcements and related miscellanea through Twitter (@libgit2sharp)
Quick contributing guide
- Fork and clone locally
- Create a topic specific branch. Add some nice feature. Do not forget the tests ;-)
- Send a Pull Request to spread the fun!
More thorough information available in the wiki.
Optimizing unit testing
LibGit2Sharp strives to have comprehensive and robust unit test suite to ensure the quality of the software and to assist new contributors and users who can use the tests as sample to jump start development. There are over one thousand unit-tests for LibGit2Sharp, this number will only grow as functionality is added.
You can do a few things to optimize running unit-tests on Windows:
- Set the
LibGit2TestPathenvironment variable to a path in your development environment.
- If the unit-test framework cannot find the specified folder at runtime, it will fall back to the default location.
- Configure your anti-virus software to ignore the
- Install a RAM disk like IMDisk and set
LibGit2TestPathto use it.
imdisk.exe -a -s 512M -m X: -p "/fs:fat /q /v:ramdisk /y"to create a RAM disk. This command requires elevated privileges and can be placed into a scheduled task or run manually before you begin unit-testing.
The MIT license (Refer to the LICENSE.md file)
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the LibGit2Sharp README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.