MaterialDesignInXamlToolkit alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "GUI" category
The UWP Community Toolkit is a collection of helper functions, custom controls, and app services. It simplifies and demonstrates common developer tasks building UWP apps for Windows 10.
My humble attempt to bring the new Modern UI alias Metro UI of Windows 8 to .NET Windows Forms applications.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of MaterialDesignInXamlToolkit or a related project?
[Alt text](web/images/MD4XAML64.png "Material Design In XAML Toolkit") Material Design In XAML Toolkit
Comprehensive and easy to use Material Design theme and control library for the Windows desktop.
[Alt text](web/images/screen-home.png "Material Design Demo")
[Alt text](web/images/MD4XAML28.png "Summary") Summary
- Material Design styles for all major WPF Framework controls
- Additional controls to support the theme, including Multi Action Button, Cards, Dialogs, Clock
- Easy configuration of palette (at design and runtime), according to Google's guidelines
- Full Material Design Icons icon pack
- Easy transition effects
- Compatible with Dragablz, MahApps
- Demo applications included in the source project
[Alt text](web/images/MD4XAML28.png "How Can I Use The Themes?") Getting Started
- Checkout the Super Quick Start
- Or, the more comprehensive Starting Guide guide.
- Or, watch the Material Design In XAML Toolkit An Introduction video.
[Alt text](web/images/MD4XAML28.png "In Action") See It Action
- Download a pre-compiled demo from the releases page.
- Download the source and run the demo (more information).
- Checkout doobry.
- Checkout F1ix.
- Checkout Motion List.
[Alt text](web/images/MD4XAML28.png "How Can I Use The Themes?") Source Code
To load the source project you will need Visual Studio 2017. Don't worry if you have an earlier version, you can still use the compiled assemblies from NuGet (
Install-Package MaterialDesignThemes). There are two demo projects in the solution, restore the necessary NuGet packages and correct the programming syntax that is not compatible with C# versions lower than C# 7.0 (
currently used in Visual Studio 2017). Then, you should be able to fire both of these projects up. One is a "pure" Material Design project, the other illustrates how to combine with Dragablz & MahApps.
[Alt text](web/images/MD4XAML28.png "Contributions") Contribution Guidelines
- Before contributing code read the [Contribution Guidelines](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md)
- Want to say thanks?
- Hit the :star: Star :star: button
- If you'd like to make a very much appreciated financial donation please visit open collective
[Alt text](web/images/MD4XAML28.png "Mentions") Mentions
- Logo courtesy of GitHub user Snalty, and you can see more of him;
- Marc Angers - I pulled some of his shadows straight in from this blog post
- Icon pack sourced from Material Design Icons
- Utilises ControlzEx
- Ignace Maes, whose Material Skin project inspired the original material design theme for Dragablz, which in turn led to me starting this project
- Material Design Extensions is a community repository based on this library that provides additional controls and features.
- Contributors! Thanks for the PRs which have helped add some extra polish.
[Alt text](web/images/MD4XAML28.png "Screenshots") Screenshots
[Alt text](web/images/screen-buttons.png "Buttons")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-fields.png "Fields")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-palette.png "Palette")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-pickers.png "Pickers")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-iconpack.png "Icons")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-cards.png "Cards")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-menutoolbar.png "Menus and Toolbars")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-progress.png "Progress Bars")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-dialogs.png "Dialogs")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-lists.png "Lists")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-treeview.png "Tree View")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-sliders.png "Sliders")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-typography.png "Typography")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-groupbox.png "Group Box")
[Alt text](web/images/screen-shadows.png "Shadows")
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers! 🙏 [Become a backer]
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]