MkDocs alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Documentation" category.
Alternatively, view MkDocs alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.2 7.6 MkDocs VS F# FormattingF# tools for generating documentation (Markdown processor and F# code formatter)
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of MkDocs or a related project?
Project documentation with Markdown
MkDocs is a fast, simple and downright gorgeous static site generator that's geared towards building project documentation. Documentation source files are written in Markdown, and configured with a single YAML configuration file. It is designed to be easy to use and can be extended with third-party themes, plugins, and Markdown extensions.
Please see the Documentation for an introductory tutorial and a full user guide.
- Build static HTML files from Markdown files.
- Use Plugins and Markdown Extensions to enhance MkDocs.
- Use the built-in themes, third party themes or create your own.
- Publish your documentation anywhere that static files can be served.
- Much more!
If you need help with MkDocs, do not hesitate to get in contact with us!
- For questions and high-level discussions, use Discussions on GitHub.
- For small questions, a good alternative is the Chat room on Gitter/Matrix (new!)
- To report a bug or make a feature request, open an Issue on GitHub.
Please note that we may only provide
support for problems/questions regarding core features of MkDocs. Any
questions or bug reports about features of third-party themes, plugins,
extensions or similar should be made to their respective projects.
But, such questions are not banned from the chat room.
Make sure to stick around to answer some questions as well!
- Official Documentation
- Latest Release Notes
- MkDocs Wiki (Third-party themes, recipes, plugins and more)
Contributing to MkDocs
The MkDocs project welcomes, and depends on, contributions from developers and users in the open source community. Please see the Contributing Guide for information on how you can help.
Code of Conduct
Everyone interacting in the MkDocs project's codebases, issue trackers, and discussion forums is expected to follow the PyPA Code of Conduct.
<!-- Badges -->
<!-- Links -->
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the MkDocs README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.