MVVMCross alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "MVVM" category.
Alternatively, view MVVMCross alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of MVVMCross or a related project?
👀 Check out mvvmcross.com to get started with MvvmCross 👀
MvvmCross is a cross-platform MVVM framework. It enables developers to create apps using the MVVM pattern on Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Mac, Xamarin.Forms, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and Windows Presentation Framework (WPF). This allows for better code sharing by allowing you to share behavior and business logic between platforms.
Among the features MvvmCross provides are:
- ViewModel to View bindings using own customizable binding engine, which allows you to create own binding definitions for own custom views
- ViewModel to ViewModel navigation, helps you share behavior on how and when to navigate
- Inversion of Control through Dependency Injection and Property Injection
- Plugin framework, which lets you plug-in cool stuff like GPS Location, Localization, Sensors, Binding Extensions and a huge selection of 3rd party community plug-ins
MvvmCross is extendable by you. We strive to let as much code be configurable and overridable, to let the developer decide how they want to use the framework. However, the framework is very usable without doing anything.
Check out the MvvmCross docs
Support us with a monthly donation and help us continue our activities. [Become a backer]
Become a sponsor and get your logo on our README on Github with a link to your site. [Become a sponsor]
Grab the latest MvvmCross NuGet package and install in your solution.
Make sure that both the shared core project and your application projects include the NuGet. For more details please visit the Getting Started documentation, which also provides easier ways, through Visual Studio and Xamarin Studio plugins to install and manage MvvmCross in your project.
We want to keep the GitHub issues list for bugs, features and other important project management tasks only. If you have questions please see the Questions & support section below.
When filing issues, please select the appropriate issue template. The best way to get your bug fixed is to be as detailed as you can be about the problem. Providing a minimal git repository with a project showing how to reproduce the problem is ideal. Here are a couple of questions you can answer before filing a bug.
- Did you try find your answer in the documentation
- Did you include a snippet of the broken code in the issue?
- Can you reproduce the problem in a brand new project?
- What are the EXACT steps to reproduce this problem?
- What platform(s) are you experiencing the problem on?
Remember GitHub issues support markdown. When filing bugs please make sure you check the formatting of the issue before clicking submit.
We are happy to receive Pull Requests adding new features and solving bugs. As for new features, please contact us before doing major work. To ensure you are not working on something that will be rejected due to not fitting into the roadmap or ideal of the framework.
Since Windows and UNIX-based systems differ in terms of line endings, it is a very good idea to configure git autocrlf settings.
On Windows we recommend setting
git config --global core.autocrlf true
On Mac we recommend setting
git config --global core.autocrlf input
Code style guidelines
Please use 4 spaces for indentation.
Otherwise default ReSharper C# code style applies.
Our workflow is loosely based on Github Flow. We actively do development on the develop branch. This means that all pull requests by contributors need to be develop and requested against the develop branch. The master branch contains tags reflecting what is currently on NuGet.org.
Submitting Pull Requests
Make sure you can build the code. Familiarize yourself with the project workflow and our coding conventions. If you don't know what a pull request is read this https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests.
Before submitting a feature or substantial code contribution please discuss it with the team and ensure it follows the MvvmCross roadmap. Note that code submissions will be reviewed and tested. Only code that meets quality and design/roadmap appropriateness will be merged into the source. Don't "Push" Your Pull Requests
Questions & support
MvvmCross is licensed under the MS-PL License
- MonoCross was the original starting point for this project, and was used as a reference under MIT
- Tiny bits of MvvmLight are redistributed and modified under MIT
- Messenger ideas from JonathanPeppers/XPlatUtils under Apache License Version 2.0, and from GrumpyDev/TinyMessenger under simple license of "THIS CODE AND INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY"
- Color codes under MIT License
- Some bits of Mvvm.Async are redistributed and modified under MIT License
- Thanks to McCannLondon for sponsoring the initial part of this work
- Thanks to JetBrains for a community Resharper license to use on this project
This project is supported by the .NET Foundation.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the MVVMCross README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.