MySQL Connector alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Database Drivers" category.
Alternatively, view MySQL Connector alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.5 8.6 L3 MySQL Connector VS CouchbaseThe official Couchbase SDK for .NET Core and Full Frameworks
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of MySQL Connector or a related project?
MySQL provides connectivity for client applications developed in .NET compatible programming languages with Connector/NET.
MySQL Connector/NET is a library compatible with .NET Framework and .NET Core, for specific versions see MySQL Connector/NET Versions. The driver is a pure C# implementation of the MySQL protocol and does not rely on the MySQL client library.
From MySQL Connector/NET 8.0, the driver also containt an implementation of MySQL X DevAPI, an Application Programming Interface for working with MySQL as a Document Store through CRUD-based, NoSQL operations.
For detailed information please visit the official MySQL Connector/NET documentation.
Please refer to files [README](README) and [LICENSE](LICENSE), available in this repository, and Legal Notices in documentation for further details.
Download & Install
MySQL Connector/NET can be installed from precompiled libraries by using MySQL installer or download the libraries itself, both can be found at Connector/NET download page. Also, you can get the latest stable release from the official Nuget.org feed.
- By using MySQL Installer, you just need to follow the wizard in order to obtain the precompiled library and then add it to your project.
- If you decided to download the precompiled libraries, decompress the folder and then add the library needed to your project as reference.
- If you go for NuGet, you could use the NuGet Package Manager inside Visual Studio or use the NuGet Command Line Interface (CLI).
Building from sources
This driver can also be complied and installed from the sources available in this repository. Please refer to the documentation for detailed instructions on how to do it.
This repository contains the MySQL Connector/NET source code as per latest released version. You should expect to see the same content here and within the latest released Connector/NET package.
There are a few ways to contribute to the Connector/NET code. Please refer to the [contributing guidelines](CONTRIBUTING.md) for additional information.
- MySQL Connector/NET Developer Guide
- MySQL Connector/NET API
- MySQL Connector/NET Discussion Forum
- MySQL Public Bug Tracker
#connectorschannel in MySQL Community Slack (Sign-up required when not using an Oracle account)
- For more information about this and other MySQL products, please visit MySQL Contact & Questions.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the MySQL Connector README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.