Nemerle alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Compiler" category.
Alternatively, view Nemerle alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.9 10.0 L1 Nemerle VS RoslynThe Roslyn .NET compiler provides C# and Visual Basic languages with rich code analysis APIs.
8.8 9.9 Nemerle VS VisualFSharpThe F# compiler, F# core library, F# language service, and F# tooling integration for Visual Studio
7.1 8.1 L1 Nemerle VS ClojureCLRA port of Clojure to the CLR, part of the Clojure project
4.9 0.0 Nemerle VS LinqOptimizerAn automatic query optimizer-compiler for Sequential and Parallel LINQ.
1.5 0.0 Nemerle VS FableThe project has moved to a separate organization. This project provides redirect for old Fable web site.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Nemerle or a related project?
What Is It
Nemerle is a high-level statically-typed programming language for the .NET platform. It offers functional, object-oriented and imperative features. It has a simple C#-like syntax and a powerful meta-programming system.
Features that come from the functional land are variants, pattern matching, type inference and parameter polymorphism (aka generics). The meta-programming system allows great compiler extensibility, embedding domain specific languages, partial evaluation and aspect-oriented programming.
To find out more, please visit: http://nemerle.org/
using System.Console; WriteLine("Hello world")
Compile and run
"C:\Program Files\Nemerle\ncc.exe" hello.n /out:hello.exe hello.exe
Install latest msi package from http://nemerle.org/
Download latest binary package from http://nemerle.org and export Nemerle=/path/to/binaries/extracted
How to build
Clone with all submodules: git clone --recursive git://github.com/rsdn/nemerle.git If you have a clone already: git pull --recurse-submodules
- For Development:
- For Installer:
Run BuildInstallerFull(fx-version).cmd depending on required .NET version. Installer will be placed in bin/Release/net-(fx-version)/Installer.
Note: You can also use BuildInstallerFast(fx-version).cmd to build installer without running tests.
Note: For building Visual Studio bindings you need VSSDK and administrative rights.
Nemerle can bootstrap itself on Mono.
- Generic line:
xbuild NemerleAll-Mono.nproj /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v(3.5 or 4.0 or 4.5 or 4.5.1) /p:Configuration=Release(or Debug) /t:Stage4(1 - 4) /tv:4.0(Needed for framework 4.0 and above)
- Release 3.5:
xbuild NemerleAll-Mono.nproj /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v3.5 /p:Configuration=Release /t:Stage4
- Debug 4.0:
xbuild NemerleAll-Mono.nproj /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Debug /t:Stage4 /tv:4.0
What about IDE?
- Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012/2013-preview integration installed by Nemerle installer
- Nemerle Studio is a free IDE based on Visual Studio Shell (Isolated mode) installed by Nemerle installer if VS Shell was installed
- Sharp Develop 3.0 addin can be builded manually. See snippets/sharpdevelop/ReadMe.txt
- See Vim, Emacs, Kate and other editors syntax support in the 'misc' folder
- Nemerle compiler sources (ncc/),
- Nemerle Documentation (doc/),
- standard Nemerle library (lib/),
- standard Nemerle macros (macros/),
- some examples of Nemerle programs (snippets/),
- a few useful tools (e.g. synatx highlighting modes) (misc/),
- binary Nemerle compiler needed to compile itself (boot/, boot-4.0/).
- Nemerle realted tools (e.g. relector addin) (tools/)
- Visual Studio 2008 integration (VsIntegration/)