NUnit v3.12 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-05-15 // almost 5 years ago
🚀 This release of NUnit finally drops support for .NET 2.0. If your application still targets .NET 2.0, your tests will need to target at least .NET 3.5. Microsoft ended support for .NET 2.0 on July 12, 2011. Microsoft recommends that everyone migrate to at least .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for security and performance fixes.
🚀 This release dramatically improves NUnit support for async tests including returning ValueTask and custom tasks from tests, improved handling of SynchronizationContexts and better exception handling.
✅ The .NET Standard 2.0 version of NUnit continues to gain more functionality that is found in the .NET 4.5 version of the framework like setting the ApartmentState and enabling Timeout on tests.
Previous changes from v3.11
- More informative assertion messages
- PlatformAttribute is available on .NET Standard 2.0 and now detects .NET Core
- ValuesAttribute now works with nullable types
- 🏁 Async tests detecting and running Windows Forms or WPF message pumps rather than deadlocking
- 👌 Support for UWP 10.0 is back via .NET Standard 1.4