Orleankka alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Distributed Computing" category.
Alternatively, view Orleankka alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Akka.net9.1 7.7 L3 Orleankka VS Akka.netCanonical actor model implementation for .NET with local + distributed actors in C# and F#.
protoactor-dotnet7.2 7.0 Orleankka VS protoactor-dotnetProto Actor - Ultra fast distributed actors for Go, C# and Java/Kotlin
.NET port of LMAX DisruptorPort of LMAX Disruptor to .NET
IdGen6.2 0.0 L5 Orleankka VS IdGenTwitter Snowflake-alike ID generator for .Net
Zebus4.4 0.0 L5 Orleankka VS ZebusA lightweight Peer to Peer Service Bus
MBrace3.8 0.0 Orleankka VS MBraceMBrace Core Libraries & Runtime Foundations
FsShelter2.1 0.0 L2 Orleankka VS FsShelterAuthor Apache Storm topologies with F# using statically-typed streams
Online Store Modular Monolith🛒 Implementing an “online store” modular monolith application with domain-driven design and CQRS with using in-memory message broker based on .Net Core.
.NEXT Raft0.7 - Orleankka VS .NEXT RaftRaft implementation for .NET and ASP.NET Core that allows to build clustered microservices powered by distributed consensus and replication
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Orleankka or a related project?
Orleankka is a functional extension for Microsoft Orleans framework. It provides a message-based API similar to Akka/ProtoActor, carefully layered on top of the Orleans (that's what in a name). Orleankka is an excellent choice for use-cases which can benefit from composable, uniform communication interface, such as CQRS, event-sourcing, FSM, etc.
References: intro, features, slides and discussion.
- Message-based API with zero performance overhead
- Switchable actor behaviors with built-in hierarchical FSM (behaviors)
- Additional api to simplify programming long-running background tasks (jobs)
- Poweful actor/proxy middlewares (interceptors)
- Convenient unit testing kit (stubs, mocks, expectations)
How to install
To install client Orleankka library via NuGet, run this command in NuGet package manager console:
PM> Install-Package Orleankka
For server-side library:
PM> Install-Package Orleankka.Runtime
Check out "Getting started" guide
You will need VS2019 and .NET Core 3.x installed in order to build and open the solution. Clone repository and run the following in CLI from solution's root folder:
This will restore dependencies and build everything in
debug mode. Run
-T switch to see available commands.
|Orleankka||Core and client lib|
|Orleankka.Runtime||Server-side runtime lib|
|Orleankka.TestKit||Unit testing kit|
- Hello, world! [[demo]](Samples/CSharp/HelloWorld)
- "WebScan" [[demo]](Samples/CSharp/Demo/Demo.App)
- TestKit [[demo]](Source/CSharp/Demo/Demo.App.Tests)
- Event Sourcing
- Idiomatic (CQRS) [[see]](Samples/CSharp/EventSourcing/Idiomatic)
- Persistence: GetEventStore [[see]](Samples/CSharp/EventSourcing/Persistence/GES)
- Persistence: Streamstone [[see]](Samples/CSharp/EventSourcing/Persistence/Streamstone)
- ProtoBuf [[see]](Samples/CSharp/Serialization/ProtoBuf)
- Hyperion [[see]](Samples/CSharp/Serialization/Hyperion)
- Reentrant messages [[rw-x]](Samples/CSharp/Reentrant)
- Client-side observers [[chat]](Samples/CSharp/Observers)
- Streams [[chat]](Samples/CSharp/Streams)
- Switchable behaviors
- Basics [[see]](Samples/CSharp/FSM/Lightbulb)
- Durable FSM with supervision[[see]](Samples/CSharp/FSM/ProcessManager)
Documentation can be found here.
- Join Gitter chat
- Follow the @Orleankka Twitter account for announcements
Apache 2 License
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Orleankka README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.