Orleankka alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Distributed Computing" category.
Alternatively, view Orleankka alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
4.2 5.5 L5 Orleankka VS ZebusZebus is a lightweight, higlhy versatile, peer to peer service bus, built with CQRS principles in mind. It allows applications to communicate with each other in a fast and easy manner. Most of the complexity is hidden in the library and you can focus on writing code that matters to you, not debugging messaging code. A very fundamental base for any distributed application.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Orleankka or a related project?
Orleankka is a functional extension for Microsoft Orleans framework. It provides a message-based API similar to Akka/ProtoActor, carefully layered on top of the Orleans (that's what in a name). Orleankka is an excellent choice for use-cases which can benefit from composable, uniform communication interface, such as CQRS, event-sourcing, FSM, etc.
- Message-based API with zero performance overhead
- Switchable actor behaviors with built-in hierarchical FSM (behaviors)
- Additional api to simplify programming long-running background tasks (jobs)
- Poweful actor/proxy middlewares (interceptors)
- Convenient unit testing kit (stubs, mocks, expectations)
How to install
To install client Orleankka library via NuGet, run this command in NuGet package manager console:
PM> Install-Package Orleankka
For server-side library:
PM> Install-Package Orleankka.Runtime
Check out "Getting started" guide
You will need VS2019 and .NET Core 3.x installed in order to build and open the solution. Clone repository and run the following in CLI from solution's root folder:
This will restore dependencies and build everything in
debug mode. Run
-T switch to see available commands.
|Orleankka||Core and client lib|
|Orleankka.Runtime||Server-side runtime lib|
|Orleankka.TestKit||Unit testing kit|
- Hello, world! [[demo]](Samples/CSharp/HelloWorld)
- "WebScan" [[demo]](Samples/CSharp/Demo/Demo.App)
- TestKit [[demo]](Source/CSharp/Demo/Demo.App.Tests)
- Event Sourcing
- Idiomatic (CQRS) [[see]](Samples/CSharp/EventSourcing/Idiomatic)
- Persistence: GetEventStore [[see]](Samples/CSharp/EventSourcing/Persistence/GES)
- Persistence: Streamstone [[see]](Samples/CSharp/EventSourcing/Persistence/Streamstone)
- ProtoBuf [[see]](Samples/CSharp/Serialization/ProtoBuf)
- Hyperion [[see]](Samples/CSharp/Serialization/Hyperion)
- Reentrant messages [[rw-x]](Samples/CSharp/Reentrant)
- Client-side observers [[chat]](Samples/CSharp/Observers)
- Streams [[chat]](Samples/CSharp/Streams)
- Switchable behaviors
- Basics [[see]](Samples/CSharp/FSM/Lightbulb)
- Durable FSM with supervision[[see]](Samples/CSharp/FSM/ProcessManager)
Documentation can be found here.
Apache 2 License
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Orleankka README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.