Orleankka alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Distributed Computing" category.
Alternatively, view Orleankka alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.1 9.4 L3 Orleankka VS Akka.netCanonical actor model implementation for .NET with local + distributed actors in C# and F#.
7.2 9.4 Orleankka VS protoactor-dotnetProto Actor - Ultra fast distributed actors for Go, C# and Java/Kotlin
Port of LMAX Disruptor to .NET
2.1 0.6 L2 Orleankka VS FsShelterAuthor Apache Storm topologies with F# using statically-typed streams
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Orleankka or a related project?
Orleankka is a functional extension for Microsoft Orleans framework. It provides a message-based API similar to Akka/ProtoActor, carefully layered on top of the Orleans (that's what in a name). Orleankka is an excellent choice for use-cases which can benefit from composable, uniform communication interface, such as CQRS, event-sourcing, FSM, etc.
- Message-based API with zero performance overhead
- Switchable actor behaviors with built-in hierarchical FSM (behaviors)
- Additional api to simplify programming long-running background tasks (jobs)
- Poweful actor/proxy middlewares (interceptors)
- Convenient unit testing kit (stubs, mocks, expectations)
How to install
To install client Orleankka library via NuGet, run this command in NuGet package manager console:
PM> Install-Package Orleankka
For server-side library:
PM> Install-Package Orleankka.Runtime
Check out "Getting started" guide
You will need VS2019 and .NET Core 3.x installed in order to build and open the solution. Clone repository and run the following in CLI from solution's root folder:
This will restore dependencies and build everything in
debug mode. Run
-T switch to see available commands.
|Orleankka||Core and client lib|
|Orleankka.Runtime||Server-side runtime lib|
|Orleankka.TestKit||Unit testing kit|
- Hello, world! [[demo]](Samples/CSharp/HelloWorld)
- "WebScan" [[demo]](Samples/CSharp/Demo/Demo.App)
- TestKit [[demo]](Source/CSharp/Demo/Demo.App.Tests)
- Event Sourcing
- Idiomatic (CQRS) [[see]](Samples/CSharp/EventSourcing/Idiomatic)
- Persistence: GetEventStore [[see]](Samples/CSharp/EventSourcing/Persistence/GES)
- Persistence: Streamstone [[see]](Samples/CSharp/EventSourcing/Persistence/Streamstone)
- ProtoBuf [[see]](Samples/CSharp/Serialization/ProtoBuf)
- Hyperion [[see]](Samples/CSharp/Serialization/Hyperion)
- Reentrant messages [[rw-x]](Samples/CSharp/Reentrant)
- Client-side observers [[chat]](Samples/CSharp/Observers)
- Streams [[chat]](Samples/CSharp/Streams)
- Switchable behaviors
- Basics [[see]](Samples/CSharp/FSM/Lightbulb)
- Durable FSM with supervision[[see]](Samples/CSharp/FSM/ProcessManager)
Documentation can be found here.
Apache 2 License
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Orleankka README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.