Paket alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Package Management" category.
Alternatively, view Paket alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
BaGet8.0 4.5 Paket VS BaGetA lightweight NuGet and symbol server
NuGet7.7 6.6 L2 Paket VS NuGetNuGet Gallery is a package repository that powers https://www.nuget.org. Use this repo for reporting NuGet.org issues.
Sleet3.8 0.0 Paket VS SleetA static nuget feed generator for Azure Storage, AWS S3, and more.
CloudsmithA fully managed package management SaaS, with support for NuGet, Npm, Docker and much more. [Free for Public/OSS] [$]
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Paket or a related project?
A dependency manager for .NET with support for NuGet packages and git repositories.
NuGet does not separate out the concept of transitive dependencies. If you install a package into your project and that package has further dependencies then all transitive packages are included in the packages.config. There is no way to tell which packages are only transitive dependencies.
Even more importantly: If two packages reference conflicting versions of a package, NuGet will silently take the latest version (read more). You have no control over this process.
Paket on the other hand maintains this information on a consistent and stable basis within the
paket.lock file in the solution root.
This file, together with the
paket.dependencies file enables you to determine exactly what's happening with your dependencies.
Paket also enables you to reference files directly from git repositories or any http-resource.
For more reasons see the FAQ.
- Source code
- Getting started guide
- Download paket.exe
- Download paket.bootstrapper.exe
Troubleshooting and support
- Found a bug or missing a feature? Feed the issue tracker.
- Announcements and related miscellanea through Twitter (@PaketManager)
- As of https://github.com/fsprojects/Paket/pull/2664, paket now automatically bootstraps all required dependencies and builds on a clean windows installation.
- up-to-date Mono (>= 5.0 required, >= 5.2 recommended, just install the latest nightly)
- up-to-date MSBuild (>= 15.0, support for "Directory.Build.props" required)
On most distros, it should be enough to follow this guide and install
mono-devel, which contains MSBuild.
Note: if the paket build script fails at
paket restore just rerun it a few times until it succeeds.
Quick contributing guide
- Fork and clone locally.
- Build the solution with Visual Studio,
- Create a topic specific branch in git. Add a nice feature in the code. Do not forget to add tests and/or docs.
build.shon Mono) to make sure all tests are still passing.
- When built, you'll find the binaries in
./binwhich you can then test with locally, to ensure the bug or feature has been successfully implemented.
- Send a Pull Request.
If you want to contribute to the docs then please modify the markdown files in
/docs/content and send a pull request.
Note, that short description and syntax for each command is generated automatically from the
The MIT license
The default maintainer account for projects under "fsprojects" is @fsprojectsgit - F# Community Project Incubation Space (repo management)
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Paket README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.