Runtime alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "CLR" category.
Alternatively, view Runtime alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.9 0.0 L2 Runtime VS CoreCLRThe coreclr repo contains the complete runtime implementation (called "CoreCLR") for .NET Core. It includes RyuJIT, the .NET GC, native interop and many other components. It builds and runs on Windows. You can 'watch' the repo to see Linux and Mac support being added over the next few months.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Runtime or a related project?
This repo contains the code to build the .NET runtime, libraries and shared host (
dotnet) installers for
all supported platforms, as well as the sources to .NET runtime and libraries.
What is .NET?
Official Starting Page: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/
- How to use .NET (with VS, VS Code, command-line CLI)
How can I contribute?
We welcome contributions! Many people all over the world have helped make this project better.
- [Contributing](CONTRIBUTING.md) explains what kinds of changes we welcome
- [Workflow Instructions](docs/workflow/README.md) explains how to build and test
- [Get Up and Running on .NET Core](docs/project/dogfooding.md) explains how to get nightly builds of the runtime and its libraries to test them in your own projects.
Reporting security issues and security bugs
Security issues and bugs should be reported privately, via email, to the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) [email protected]. You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message. Further information, including the MSRC PGP key, can be found in the Security TechCenter.
Also see info about related Microsoft .NET Core and ASP.NET Core Bug Bounty Program.
This repo should contain issues that are tied to the runtime, the class libraries and frameworks, the installation of the
dotnet binary (sometimes known as the
muxer) and installation of the .NET runtime and libraries.
For other issues, please use the following repos:
- For overall .NET SDK issues, file in the dotnet/sdk repo
- For ASP.NET issues, file in the dotnet/aspnetcore repo.
- .NET Core source index / .NET Framework source index
- API Reference docs
- .NET API Catalog (incl. APIs from daily builds and API usage info)
- API docs writing guidelines - useful when writing /// comments
- .NET Discord Server - a place to talk and hang out with .NET community
.NET Runtime is a .NET Foundation project.
There are many .NET related projects on GitHub.
- .NET home repo - links to 100s of .NET projects, from Microsoft and the community.
- ASP.NET Core home - the best place to start learning about ASP.NET Core.
General .NET OSS discussions: .NET Foundation forums
.NET (including the runtime repo) is licensed under the [MIT](LICENSE.TXT) license.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Runtime README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.