Visual Studio Uninstaller alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Tools" category.
Alternatively, view Visual Studio Uninstaller alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
10.0 0.0 L2 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS CodeHubCodeHub is an iOS application written using Xamarin
9.9 9.7 L1 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS ShareXShareX is a free and open source program that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to many supported destinations you can choose from.
A toolkit for developing high-performance HTTP reverse proxy applications.
8.9 9.2 L5 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS OctoLinkerOctoLinker — Links together, what belongs together
An open source fork of Windows Live Writer
7.8 4.9 L5 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS PapercutPapercut SMTP -- The Simple Desktop Email Server
SmartCode = IDataSource -> IBuildTask -> IOutput => Build Everything!!!
Workflow Server is a ready-to-use Workflow Engine-based application that you can deploy into your infrastructure. It can be integrated with NodeJS, PHP, Ruby, .NET, or Java applications via a REST API. Workflow Server is a key component for managing the lifecycle of business objects within your enterprise.
A simple but powerful web crawler library for .NET
2.0 6.3 L2 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS AnyStatusA remote control for your CI/CD pipelines and more
A blazing fast JSON formatter and validator that won't share JSON with a server.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Visual Studio Uninstaller or a related project?
Visual Studio Uninstaller
This executable is designed to clean up and delete Preview, RC and final releases of Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015. It is designed to be used as a final resort to clean up a system of remaining artifacts from a non-successful installation, instead of having to reimage the machine.
WARNING: running this application may stop earlier remaining installations of Visual Studio 2012 and earlier from working, because Visual Studio 2012 and below share MSI upgrade code with Visual Studio 2013 and above.
How it works?
This app finds and uninstall every Preview/RC/RTM release of Visual Studio 2013 and 2015. It will first execute uninstall command on the bundle, and then it will uninstall any stale MSIs. The application contains a master list of Bundle IDs and upgrade codes for every MSI ever chained in by Visual Studio 2013-2015. It will not uninstall MSU or MSIs that marked as ReallyPermanent.
Contributing and building this project
Our goal is to provide a way to thoroughly and reliably remove Visual Studio. This program first attempts to force uninstall Visual Studio from top down, and then remove any remaining MSIs and MSUs. This program will work on any BURN based Visual Studio; that means this program is only capable of removing Visual Studio 2012 - 2015.
How to debug Total Uninstaller remotely?
IMPORTANT: Do not run this on your development machine without setting the
DoNotExecuteProcess flag. This will prevent the application from uninstalling the very development environment you are working from.
To get the most out of the debug experience, I recommend the following:
- Create a VM with Dev14 installed.
- Start the 64-bit remote debugger with administrative privileges.
- Copy the debug Bin directory to the VM.
- Run the application with Administrative privileges.
- Create a snapshot of the machine using Hyper-V.
- Start a remote debugging session to your VM and attach.
- Step through to your hearts delight.
- If you find something you don’t like, restore the snapshot and recopy the Bin directory and go to step 6 again.
Using Total Uninstall:
- Download and unzip the zip file to a folder.
- Open cmd.exe with Administrative privileges
- Execute Setup.ForcedUninstall.exe
- Press Y and hit enter to run the application.
- If the application ask to reboot the system, please reboot the system, and rerun this application again.
- help or /help or /? : Print usage.
- break : run the application and pause until the user hit any key.
- noprocess : run the application but does not uninstall anything.
- Periodically update of the Total Uninstaller to ensure the data used for uninstallation is up to date with the most recent Visual Studio releases.
Please file an issue request as necessary.
These are general guidelines for source code within this solution:
- Parameters should be declared with SAL annotation.
- Input string parameters should be declared as LPCWSTR.
- Output string parameters should be declared as CStringW& references.
- Class members should not be references or pointers, but be created and destroyed with the owning class.
Please follow these coding standards: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Ff926074.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396