Visual Studio Uninstaller alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Tools" category.
Alternatively, view Visual Studio Uninstaller alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
CodeHub10.0 0.0 L2 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS CodeHubCodeHub is an iOS application written using Xamarin
ShareX9.9 9.7 L1 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS ShareXShareX is a free and open source program that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to many supported destinations you can choose from.
Another Redis Desktop Manager🚀🚀🚀A faster, better and more stable redis desktop manager [GUI client], compatible with Linux, Windows, Mac. What's more, it won't crash when loading massive keys.
YARPA toolkit for developing high-performance HTTP reverse proxy applications.
Opserver9.0 0.0 L3 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS OpserverStack Exchange's Monitoring System
OctoLinker8.9 8.0 L5 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS OctoLinkerOctoLinker — Links together, what belongs together
NETworkManagerA powerful tool for managing networks and troubleshoot network problems!
Open Live WriterAn open source fork of Windows Live Writer
Papercut7.8 0.0 L5 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS PapercutPapercut SMTP -- The Simple Desktop Email Server
UnitsNetMakes life working with units of measurement just a little bit better.
MyrtilleA native HTML4 / HTML5 Remote Desktop Protocol and SSH client
Netling6.8 0.0 L4 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS NetlingNetling is a load tester client for easy web testing.
DownloaderFast, cross-platform and reliable multipart downloader with asynchronous progress events for .NET applications.
SmartCodeSmartCode = IDataSource -> IBuildTask -> IOutput => Build Everything!!!
CSharpierCSharpier is an opinionated code formatter for c#.
Fake JSON ServerFake JSON Server is a Fake REST API that can be used as a Back End for prototyping or as a template for a CRUD Back End.
Mockaco🐵 HTTP mock server, useful to stub services and simulate dynamic API responses, leveraging ASP.NET Core features, built-in fake data generation and pure C# scripting
Workflow ServerWorkflow Server is a ready-to-use Workflow Engine-based application that you can deploy into your infrastructure. It can be integrated with NodeJS, PHP, Ruby, .NET, or Java applications via a REST API. Workflow Server is a key component for managing the lifecycle of business objects within your enterprise.
Infinity CrawlerA simple but powerful web crawler library for .NET
FontAwesomeNet2.2 0.0 L4 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS FontAwesomeNetFont-Awesome for .NET(Windows Forms and WPF).
AnyStatus2.2 0.0 L2 Visual Studio Uninstaller VS AnyStatusA remote control for your CI/CD pipelines and more
posh-dotnetPowerShell tab completion and tooltip support for the dotnet CLI.
JSON Formatter and ValidatorA blazing fast JSON formatter and validator that won't share JSON with a server.
CatLightBuild status notifications for TFS/Jenkins/Travis/Appveyor. Cross-platform desktop app based on .Net Core and Electron. [Free][Proprietary]
FiddlerThe free web debugging proxy for any browser, system or platform
TestGPT | Generating meaningful tests for busy devs
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Visual Studio Uninstaller or a related project?
Visual Studio Uninstaller
This executable is designed to clean up and delete Preview, RC and final releases of Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015. It is designed to be used as a final resort to clean up a system of remaining artifacts from a non-successful installation, instead of having to reimage the machine.
WARNING: running this application may stop earlier remaining installations of Visual Studio 2012 and earlier from working, because Visual Studio 2012 and below share MSI upgrade code with Visual Studio 2013 and above.
How it works?
This app finds and uninstall every Preview/RC/RTM release of Visual Studio 2013 and 2015. It will first execute uninstall command on the bundle, and then it will uninstall any stale MSIs. The application contains a master list of Bundle IDs and upgrade codes for every MSI ever chained in by Visual Studio 2013-2015. It will not uninstall MSU or MSIs that marked as ReallyPermanent.
Contributing and building this project
Our goal is to provide a way to thoroughly and reliably remove Visual Studio. This program first attempts to force uninstall Visual Studio from top down, and then remove any remaining MSIs and MSUs. This program will work on any BURN based Visual Studio; that means this program is only capable of removing Visual Studio 2012 - 2015.
How to debug Total Uninstaller remotely?
IMPORTANT: Do not run this on your development machine without setting the
DoNotExecuteProcess flag. This will prevent the application from uninstalling the very development environment you are working from.
To get the most out of the debug experience, I recommend the following:
- Create a VM with Dev14 installed.
- Start the 64-bit remote debugger with administrative privileges.
- Copy the debug Bin directory to the VM.
- Run the application with Administrative privileges.
- Create a snapshot of the machine using Hyper-V.
- Start a remote debugging session to your VM and attach.
- Step through to your hearts delight.
- If you find something you don’t like, restore the snapshot and recopy the Bin directory and go to step 6 again.
Using Total Uninstall:
- Download and unzip the zip file to a folder.
- Open cmd.exe with Administrative privileges
- Execute Setup.ForcedUninstall.exe
- Press Y and hit enter to run the application.
- If the application ask to reboot the system, please reboot the system, and rerun this application again.
- help or /help or /? : Print usage.
- break : run the application and pause until the user hit any key.
- noprocess : run the application but does not uninstall anything.
- Periodically update of the Total Uninstaller to ensure the data used for uninstallation is up to date with the most recent Visual Studio releases.
Please file an issue request as necessary.
These are general guidelines for source code within this solution:
- Parameters should be declared with SAL annotation.
- Input string parameters should be declared as LPCWSTR.
- Output string parameters should be declared as CStringW& references.
- Class members should not be references or pointers, but be created and destroyed with the owning class.
Please follow these coding standards: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Ff926074.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396