DEM.Net alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Gis" category.
Alternatively, view DEM.Net alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
6.9 9.0 L3 DEM.Net VS NetTopologySuiteA .NET GIS solution that is fast and reliable for the .NET platform.
6.5 4.7 L2 DEM.Net VS SharpMapAn easy-to-use mapping library for use in web and desktop applications
5.4 1.7 DEM.Net VS GeoJSON.NET.Net library for GeoJSON types & corresponding Json.Net (de)serializers
3.6 3.8 DEM.Net VS DEM Net Elevation APIDigital Elevation model library in C#. 3D terrain models, line/point Elevations, intervisibility reports
A .Net Wrapper for The OpenCage Geocoder
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of DEM.Net or a related project?
This library is licensed for personal use or for smal companies generating less than $100,000 annually, for any other cases, please get in touch with us.
Digital Elevation Model library in C#
- Elevation queries (point, polylines, heightmap, GPX)
- 3D export (glTF, STL)
- Imagery (MapBox, OSM, Stamen) : textured 3D models and normal maps
- No setup
- Automatic DEM file download from openTopography.org
- Fast and optimized queries
See samples here
Supported formats and datasets
- GeoTIFF (JAXA AW3D, and any GeoTIFF)
- HGT (Nasa SRTM)
- netCDF ## Output
Current dev status
- All incoming features are listed in the project board here : https://dev.azure.com/dem-net/elevationapi/_workitems/recentlyupdated/.
- Feel free to suggest any idea you'd like to see covered here in the issues : https://github.com/dem-net/DEM.Net/issues.
(Work in progress) SampleApp is a Console App used for test purposes, full of samples. It's pretty messy and lacks documentation but names are self explanatory.
How do I use the API ?
elevationService.DownloadMissingFiles(DEMDataSet.AW3D30, <bbox>)to download and generate metadata for a given dataset.
- Supported datasets : SRTM GL1 and GL3 (HGT files), AWD30 (GeoTIFF)
new RasterService().GenerateReport(DEMDataSet.AW3D30, <bounding box>)to download only necessary tiles using remote VRT file.
rasterService.GenerateFileMetadata(<path to file>, DEMFileFormat.GEOTIFF, false, false)to generate metada for an arbitrary file.
RasterService.GenerateDirectoryMetadata(samplePath);to generate metadata files for your raster tiles. These metadata files will be used as an index when querying Digital Elevation Model data.
glTFServicecan generate triangulated MeshPrimitives from height maps
- Export to .gtlf or .glb
- Rasters from http://www.opentopography.org Dataset used is "ALOS World 3D - 30m" : http://opentopo.sdsc.edu/lidar?format=sd&platform=Satellite%20Data&collector=JAXA For development and tests, files covering France were used.
- Not used yet but worth mentionning : For sea bed elevation : ETOPO1 Global Relief Model https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/global/global.html
Acknowledgements / Sources
- https://github.com/stefangordon/GeoTiffSharp from @stefangordon which provided a good starting point.
- Pedro Sousa : http://build-failed.blogspot.fr/2014/12/processing-geotiff-files-in-net-without.html for good explanations.
- Mathieu Leplatre for http://blog.mathieu-leplatre.info/drape-lines-on-a-dem-with-postgis.html
- Andy9FromSpace : HGT file reader in https://github.com/Andy9FromSpace/map-elevation
Third party code and librairies
- glTF : glTF2Loader and AssetGenerator : https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF
- Tiff support : https://github.com/BitMiracle/libtiff.net
- Serialization : https://github.com/neuecc/ZeroFormatter and https://github.com/JamesNK/Newtonsoft.Json
- System.Numerics.Vectors for Vector support
- GPX reader from dlg.krakow.pl
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the DEM.Net README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.