Fody alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Assembly Manipulation" category.
Alternatively, view Fody alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
dnSpy9.9 7.6 L2 Fody VS dnSpydnSpy is a .NET assembly editor, decompiler, and debugger forked from ILSpy.
Mono.Cecil8.3 2.1 L2 Fody VS Mono.CecilCecil is a library to inspect, modify and create .NET programs and libraries.
ILRepack6.5 0.0 Fody VS ILRepackOpen-source alternative to ILMerge
Aspect Injector5.5 5.0 Fody VS Aspect InjectorAOP framework for .NET (c#, vb, etc)
NConcern3.3 0.0 Fody VS NConcernNConcern .NET AOP Framework
Gt.SubProcess1.6 0.0 Fody VS Gt.SubProcessA library to run sub-processes on .net
Clean code begins in your IDE with SonarLint
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Fody or a related project?
Extensible tool for weaving .net assemblies
Manipulating the IL of an assembly as part of a build requires a significant amount of plumbing code. This plumbing code involves knowledge of both the MSBuild and Visual Studio APIs. Fody attempts to eliminate that plumbing code through an extensible add-in model.
This is the codebase of core Fody engine. For more information on the larger Fody project see https://github.com/Fody/Home.
<!--- StartOpenCollectiveBackers -->
Already a Patron? skip past this section
Fody requires significant effort to maintain. As such it relies on financial support to ensure its long term viability.
It is expected that all developers using Fody become a Patron on OpenCollective.
See Licensing/Patron FAQ for more information.
Support this project by becoming a Gold Sponsor. A large company logo will be added here with a link to your website.
Support this project by becoming a Silver Sponsor. A medium company logo will be added here with a link to your website.
Support this project by becoming a Bronze Sponsor. The company avatar will show up here with a link to your OpenCollective Profile.
Patrons and sponsors
Thanks to all the backers and sponsors! Support this project by becoming a patron.
<!--- EndOpenCollectiveBackers -->
Documentation and Further Learning
- Licensing and patron FAQ It is expected that all developers using Fody become a Patron on OpenCollective. See Licensing/Patron FAQ for more information.
- Usage Introduction to using Fody.
- Configuration All configuration options for Fody.
- Addin discovery How addins are resolved.
- List of Fody weavers/addins
- FodyAddinSamples A GitHub repo that contains a working sample of every Fody addin.
- Common errors
- In solution weaving Writing an addin that manipulates IL within the same solution.
- ProcessedByFody class Marker class added to target assemblies for diagnostic purposes.
- Strong naming
- Supported runtimes and IDE
- Addin development Building a new Fody addin.
- Addin packaging Packaging and deployment of Fody weavers.
- BasicFodyAddin A simple project meant to illustrate how to build an addin.
- Fody Project Configuration Manager Provides an interactive tool that can support configuring weavers, which is especially helpful in solutions with many projects.
- Backers tracking/info
- Donations Every month the Fody project will donate a portion of funding raised to a charity or other cause.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.