🚀 A dotnet bug fix release for the Pyro issues:
- 🛠 fix pickle serializer handshake deserialization crash in pyrolite
- 📇 PyroProxy now gets the right pyroOneway settings from the metadata
➕ Added unpickling support for Python 3.8's new Pickle protocol 5
(both java + dotnet)
🐎 Performance improvements contributed by the Microsoft .NET Spark team (thank you!):
- speed and memory improvements in the Pickler and Unpickler, mostly when reading from memory buffers and when dealing with arrays of strings
- benchmark project with microbenchmarks added
- ⚡️ bumped C# language level to 7.3 and updated the console projects to dotnet core 2.1 (2.0 is EOL)
🛠 and a bugfix:
- Unpickler memo cleared after STOP opcode to fix invalid memo reuse when unpickler isn't disposed/closed
⚡️ Also the travis CI configuration was updated to now also build and run the dotnet unit tests (not only the Java ones)
🚀 .net release:
strong-name signed the assembly. (per request by the .NET Spark guys so that Pyrolite can be used as an external library in .NET spark)
⚡️ updated Razorvine.Serpent dependency to 1.29 to get the signed version of that as well.
⚡️ The .net client library was updated:
- 🚚 Moved to C# 7 language level
- 🐎 merged a contribution of Pickle and Unpickle performance improvements by creating less intermediate objects
🛠 fixed java compilation issues on newer java versions (>8)
🚀 Pyrolite Java release 4.22:
🛠 fixed java.sql.Date serialization being off by one month
Java Version 4.21 changes:
Pickle memoization uses regular obj.hashCode again (compare by value) rather than identityHashCode (compare by object identity).
🔧 This can be configured via a new Pickler(useMemo, valueCompare) constructor.
📚 Updated Pyro documentation url.
Compatible with Java 9, but now requires Java 8 (JDK 1.8) minimum to run.
Require Serpent library 1.23.