pythonnet v2.5.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-06-14 // about 2 years ago
🚀 > ⚠️ This release will be the last one supporting Python 2 and non-.NET-Standard builds.
🐎 This version improves performance on benchmarks significantly compared to 2.3 and includes various additions and improvements to the library.
- 🏗 Automatic NuGet package generation in appveyor and local builds
- Function that sets
- 👌 Support for Jetson Nano.
- Support for
__len__for .NET classes that implement ICollection
PyExportattribute to hide .NET types from Python
PythonException.Formatmethod to format exceptions the same as
Runtime.Noneto be able to pass
Noneas parameter into Python from .NET
PyObject.IsNone()to check if a Python object is None in .NET.
- 👌 Support for Python 3.8
- Codecs as the designated way to handle automatic conversions between
.NET and Python types
- ➕ Added argument types information to "No method matches given arguments" message
- 🚚 Moved wheel import in setup.py inside of a try/except to prevent pip collection failures
PyClass_Newwhen targetting Python3
- 👌 Improved performance of calls from Python to C#
- ➕ Added support for converting python iterators to C# arrays
- 🔄 Changed usage of the obsolete function
- When calling C# from Python, enable passing argument of any type to a
parameter of C# type
objectby wrapping it into
- ➕ Added support for kwarg parameters when calling .NET methods from Python
- 🔄 Changed method for finding MSBuild using vswhere
Finalizer. Now objects drop into its queue upon finalization,
which is periodically drained when new objects are created.
Obsolete, should never have been
publicin the first place. They also
don't necessarily return a result that matches the
- 📜 Unconditionally depend on
pycparserfor the interop module generation
- 🛠 Fixed runtime that fails loading when using pythonnet in an environment
together with Nuitka
- 🛠 Fixes bug where delegates get casts (dotnetcore)
- Determine size of interpreter longs at runtime
- Handling exceptions ocurred in ModuleObject's getattribute
__classcell__correctly for Python subclasses of .NET types
- 🛠 Fixed issue with params methods that are not passed an array.
- 👉 Use UTF8 to encode strings passed to
PyRun_Stringon Python 3
🚀 These authors have contributed to this release: