A lightweight templating library, with an emphasis on grammar.
SmartFormat.NET makes it easy for a data-driven template to have proper pluralization, gender conjugation, lists, and conditional language logic.
Nuget Install-Package SmartFormat.NET
SmartFormat.NET alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Template Engine" category.
Alternatively, view SmartFormat.NET alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
7.1 8.8 SmartFormat.NET VS scribanScriban is a fast, powerful, safe and lightweight text templating language and engine for .NET, with a compatibility mode for parsing liquid templates.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of SmartFormat.NET or a related project?
SmartFormat is a string composition library written in C# which is basically compatible with string.Format. More than that SmartFormat can format data with named placeholders, lists, pluralization and other smart extensions.
- .Net Framework 4.6.1 and later
- .Net Standard 2.0 and later (including .Net 5.0)
Have a look at the SmartFormat.Net Wiki
See [changelog](CHANGES.md) for changes.
We have started to think about a new version of
SmartFormat.Net and would like to collect your input using GitHub Discussions.
- Improve management of extensions for better performance:
- make named formatters obligatory instead of iterating through all formatters
- the sequence, how extensions are loaded should not have an impact on identifying the right formatter
- Make caching of
Parser.ParseFormatresults the standard behavior
- Rewrite the parser
- Performance improvements
- less generated garbage
publicproperties/methods which should better be
- Upgrade the project to C# 8 with nullable reference types included
- Code clean-up: Make use of current C# features, add missing comments
- Re-organize unit tests
- ... ?
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the SmartFormat.NET README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.