CefSharp alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Interoperability" category.
Alternatively, view CefSharp alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of CefSharp or a related project?
CefSharp lets you embed Chromium in .NET apps. It is a lightweight .NET wrapper around the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) by Marshall A. Greenblatt. About 30% of the bindings are written in C++/CLI with the majority of code here is C#. It can be used from C# or VB, or any other CLR language. CefSharp provides both WPF and WinForms web browser control implementations.
CefSharp is BSD licensed, so it can be used in both proprietary and free/open source applications. For the full details, see the [LICENSE](LICENSE) file.
If you like and use CefSharp please consider signing up for a small monthly donation, even $25 can help tremendously. See Financial Support for more details.
- See the CefSharp.Wpf.Example or CefSharp.WinForms.Example projects for example web browsers built with CefSharp. They demo most of the available features.
- See the CefSharp.MinimalExample project for a basic demo of using the CefSharp NuGet packages.
- See the General Usage Guide in help getting started/dealing with common scenarios.
- See the Wiki for work-in-progress documentation
- See the FAQ for help with common issues
- Upgrading from an earlier version of CefSharp? See the ChangeLog for breaking changes and upgrade tips.
- CefSharp API generated from the source code comments.
Please keep the
Issue Tracker for Bugs only please! Before submitting a
PR please read CONTRIBUTING.
- Stackoverflow is generally where questions should be asked, please search before posting, thanks!
- CefSharp Questions-and-Support is a repository here on
GitHubwhere you can ask
- Chromium Embedded Framework(CEF) Forum
- is the place to ask if you need a quick pointer or two.
Branches & Forks
This is the
official CefSharp fork, as maintained by the CefSharp community. You can also view the entire network of public forks/branches.
Development is done in the
master branch. New features are preferably added in feature branches, if the changes are more than trivial. New
PR's should be targeted against
When a new release is imminent a
release branch is created. We try to avoid making public facing
API changes in
release branches (Adding new features is fine, just not breaking changes).
Every commit on
master produces a
Nuget package. Use at your own risk!
With each release a new branch is created, for example the
79.1.360 release corresponds to the
If you're new to
CefSharp and are downloading the source to check it out, please use a Release branch
|Branch||CEF Version||VC++ Version||.Net Version||Status|
To continue developing/supporting the project I (@amaitland) am asking for financial contributions. Donations of any size are greatly appreciated!
Recurring contributions can be made through GitHub Sponsors it only takes a GitHub account and a credit card. Currently GitHub is doubling(!) all pledges so is very much the preferred method of donation. I can also take contributions through PayPal.
Now that I (@amaitland) am a stay at home dad your contributions are the only reason I'm allowed to continue working on the project. Without continued funding the time I currently spend on the project will have to be put into finding other paid work.
- CefGlue: An alternative .NET CEF wrapper built using P/Invoke.
- ChromiumFx : Another P/Invoke .Net CEF wrapper
- CEF Bitbucket Project : The official CEF issue tracker
- CEF Forum : The official CEF Forum
- CEF API Docs : Well worth a read if you are implementing a new feature
- CefSharp API Doc
Projects using CefSharp
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the CefSharp README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.