CppSharp alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Interoperability" category.
Alternatively, view CppSharp alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.7 9.1 L4 CppSharp VS CefSharp.NET (WPF and Windows Forms) bindings for the Chromium Embedded Framework
8.7 8.2 L4 CppSharp VS pythonnetPython for .NET is a package that gives Python programmers nearly seamless integration with the .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR) and provides a powerful application scripting tool for .NET developers.
7.3 4.8 CppSharp VS pinvokeA library containing all P/Invoke code so you don't have to import it every time. Maintained and updated to support the latest Windows OS.
5.3 0.1 L3 CppSharp VS SharpenSharpen is an Eclipse plugin created by db4o that allows you to convert your Java project into c#
2.5 1.8 CppSharp VS LegacyWrapperLegacyWrapper uses a x86 wrapper to call legacy dlls from a 64 bit process (or vice versa).
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of CppSharp or a related project?
CppSharp is a tool and set of libraries which facilitates the usage of native C/C++ code with the .NET ecosystem.
It consumes C/C++ header and library files and generates the necessary glue code to surface the native API as a managed API. Such an API can be used to consume an existing native library in your managed code or add managed scripting support to a native codebase.
The supported target languages at present are C# and C++/CLI.
It can also be used as a library to parse native code into a syntax tree with a rich declaration and type information model.
|NuGet Packages||Continuous Integration|
Mirrors the Clang's C/C++ AST and type system classes in C# APIs.
Check out Clang's AST introduction docs for more details about its architecture.
- C++ declarations
- C++ statements / expressions
- C++ types
- Class object layout
- Declaration visitors
- Type visitors
Provides APIs for parsing of C/C++ source code into a syntax tree.
- Parsing of C/C++ source code
- Parsing of libraries archives symbols
- Parsing of shared libraries symbols
- Based on the very accurate Clang C++ parser.
Generates the glue binding code from a syntax tree of the native code.
- Multiple backends: C++/CLI and C# (P/Invoke)
- Multiple ABIs: Itanium, MS, ARM, iOS
- Multiple platforms: Windows, OS X and Linux
- Multiple runtimes: .NET and Mono
- C++ virtual methods overriding from managed code
- C++ multiple inheritance by translating to C# interfaces
- C++ std::string
- C++ default parameter values
- C/C++ semantic comments (Doxygen) to C# comments
- Extensible bindings semantics via user passes and type mapping
Please see the following resources for more information:
Feel free to open up issues on Github for any problems you find.
You can also join us at our #managed-interop Gitter discussion channel.
For building wrappers and priority support please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may post bounties at https://www.bountysource.com/.
CppSharp is used by the following projects:
Please feel free to send us a pull request adding your own projects to the list above.