CppSharp alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Interoperability" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of CppSharp or a related project?
CppSharp is a tool and set of libraries which allows programmers to use C/C++ libraries with high-level programming languages (such as C#).
It is a tool that takes C/C++ header and library files and generates the necessary glue to surface the native API as a managed API. Such an API can be used to consume an existing native library in your high-level code or add scripting support to a native codebase.
The supported target languages at present are C# and C++/CLI.
It can also be used as a library to parse native code into a syntax tree with a rich declaration and type information model.
|Windows 64-bit||Windows 32-bit||windows-vs-x86||linux-gcc-x86_64||osx-clang-x86|
Mirrors the Clang's C/C++ AST and type system classes in C# APIs.
Check out Clang's AST introduction docs for more details about its architecture.
- C++ declarations
- C++ statements / expressions
- C++ types
- Class object layout
- Declaration visitors
- Type visitors
Provides APIs for parsing of C/C++ source code into a syntax tree.
- Parsing of C/C++ source code
- Parsing of libraries archives symbols
- Parsing of shared libraries symbols
- Based on the very accurate Clang C++ parser.
Generates the glue binding code from a syntax tree of the native code.
- Multiple backends: C++/CLI and C# (P/Invoke)
- Multiple ABIs: Itanium, MS, ARM, iOS
- Multiple platforms: Windows, OS X and Linux
- Multiple runtimes: .NET and Mono
- C++ virtual methods overriding from managed code
- C++ multiple inheritance by translating to C# interfaces
- C++ std::string
- C++ default parameter values
- C/C++ semantic comments (Doxygen) to C# comments
- Extensible bindings semantics via user passes and type mapping
Please see the following resources for more information:
Feel free to open up issues on Github for any problems you find.
You can also join us at our #managed-interop Gitter discussion channel.
For building wrappers and priority support please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may post bounties at https://www.bountysource.com/.
CppSharp is used by the following projects:
Please feel free to send us a pull request adding your own projects to the list above.