DocFX alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Documentation" category.
Alternatively, view DocFX alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.2 8.5 DocFX VS F# FormattingF# tools for generating documentation (Markdown processor and F# code formatter)
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of DocFX or a related project?
Generate your documentation with DocFX
DocFX makes it extremely easy to generate your developer hub with a landing page, API reference, and conceptual documentation, from a variety of sources.
Install DocFX and deploy a sample documentation web site:
- Open a console.
- Enter the following commands to install DocFX and build/deploy a sample site:
choco install docfx docfx init -q docfx docfx_project\docfx.json --serve
- Go to https://localhost:8080 to view the sample DocFX site.
For more information, refer to Getting Started.
Build the DocFX solution
To build the DocFX binaries from the Visual Studio solution:
- Install Visual Studio 2019 with .NET Core cross-platform development toolset
- Install Node.js
- Build the solution using one of the following options:
- Option 1: Console
- Open a DOS console and navigate to your DocFX clone subdirectory.
- Option 2: Visual Studio
- Open a PowerShell console and navigate to your DocFX clone subdirectory.
./UpdateTemplate.ps1to generate the template files required by the Visual Studio solution.
- Open the
docfx.slnsolution in your DocFX clone subdirectory from Visual Studio and build it.
dev is the default branch accepting Pull Requests. It releases a package daily.
main branch is the release branch.
|Windows with VS2017||Ubuntu Linux with Mono|
How to Contribute
For new comers, you can start with issues with
help-wanted. Check out the [contributing](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md) page to see the best places to log issues and start discussions.
DocFX is licensed under the [MIT license](LICENSE).
DocFX is supported by the .NET Foundation.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the DocFX README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.