docnet alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "PDF" category.
Alternatively, view docnet alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Unofficial .NET Core port of iTextSharp 4.1.6. Last version to be released under the Mozilla Public License and the LGPL.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of docnet or a related project?
docnet aims to be a fast PDF editing and data extraction library. It is a
.NET Standard 2.0 wrapper for
PDFium C++ library that is used by
- [x] Extract PDF version
- [x] Extract page count
- [x] Extract page information
- [x] Get page width
- [x] Get page height
- [x] Get page text
- [x] Get characters
- [x] Get character boundaries
- [x] Get character font sizes
- [x] Get character angle
- [x] Render page to image
- [x] Split PDF document
- [x] Merge PDF document
- [x] Unlock PDF document
- [x] Convert JPEG files to PDF
- Render PDF page as PNG and display all character bounding boxes: [example](examples/nuget-usage/NugetUsageAnyCpu/PdfToImageExamples.cs)
[Render PDF page example](assets/demo_thumb_0.png)
**Note:** If you have issues running on Linux make sure that `libgdiplus` is installed since this example uses `System.Drawing.Common`.
- Convert JPEG file to PDF: [example](examples/nuget-usage/NugetUsageAnyCpu/ImageToPdfExamples.cs)
- DocLib.Instance should be treated as a singleton that lives as long as your application. It should only be disposed when you intend to clean all unmanaged resources of PDFium.
.NET Framework Support
Newer versions of .NET Framework are also supported,
Docnet.Core.targets tries to automatically find which version of the native
PDFium binary to copy but that can sometime be unreliable especially if running on AnyCPU. You can manually specify
DocnetRuntime property in your project file to influence which library version to copy. Allowed values are
Example below makes sure that we always copy x64 binary on windows:
<PropertyGroup> <DocnetRuntime Condition=" '$([MSBuild]::IsOsPlatform(Windows))' ">win-x64</DocnetRuntime> </PropertyGroup>