ITextSharp alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "PDF" category.
Alternatively, view ITextSharp alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.3 8.1 ITextSharp VS PdfPigRead and extract text and other content from PDFs in C# (port of PdfBox)
4.3 0.0 ITextSharp VS WkhtmlToPdfC# wrapper around excellent wkhtmltopdf console utility.
3.7 5.1 ITextSharp VS docnetDocNET is as fast PDF editing and reading library for modern .NET applications
Unofficial .NET Core port of iTextSharp 4.1.6. Last version to be released under the Mozilla Public License and the LGPL.
1.0 4.2 ITextSharp VS Gehtsoft.BarcodesThe cross-platform C# library to easily generate barcodes, including QR codes. The library allows application developers to add a variety of standard barcodes and QR codes using convenient API.
- 3.1 ITextSharp VS QuestPDFQuestPDF is an open-source, modern and battle-tested library that can help you with generating PDF documents by offering friendly, discoverable and predictable C# fluent API.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ITextSharp or a related project?
PLEASE NOTE: iTextSharp is EOL, and has been replaced by iText 7. Only security fixes will be added
We HIGHLY recommend customers use iText 7 for new projects, and to consider moving existing projects from iTextSharp to iText 7 to benefit from the many improvements such as:
- HTML to PDF (PDF/UA) conversion
- PDF Redaction
- SVG support
- Better language support: Indic, Thai, Khmer, Arabic, Hebrew. (Close-source addon)
- PDF Debugging for your IDE
- Data Extraction
- Better continued support and bugfixes
- More modular, extensible handling of your document workflow
- Extra practical add-ons
- Encryption, hashing & digital signatures
iTextSharp consists of several dlls.
The main release contains:
itextsharp.dll: the core library
itextsharp.xtra.dll: extra functionality (PDF 2!)
itextsharp.pdfa.dll: PDF/A-related functionality
itextsharp.xmlworker.dll: XML (and HTML) functionality
This project is hosted on https://github.com/itext/itextsharp
You can find the latest release here:
You can also [build iTextSharp from source][building].
We also have RUPS — a Java tool that can help you debug PDFs. It's hosted on http://github.com/itext/rups
iTextSharp is licensed as [AGPL][agpl] software.
AGPL is a free / open source software license.
This doesn't mean the software is gratis!
Buying a license is mandatory as soon as you develop commercial activities distributing the iText software inside your product or deploying it on a network without disclosing the source code of your own applications under the AGPL license. These activities include:
- offering paid services to customers as an ASP
- serving PDFs on the fly in the cloud or in a web application
- shipping iText with a closed source product
Contact sales for more info: http://itextpdf.com/sales
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the ITextSharp README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.