5.5.13is a maintenance release that rolls up 4 bugfixes for iText 5 Core from the past 5 months:
- 🚀 As of this release XFA Worker is no longer supported on .NET 2.0 - instead you need to use .NET 4.0.
- 👌 Support has been added for License Key Library 3.0.1. Users on License Key Library 1.0.x should migrate to 3.0.1.
- 🛠 3 bugfixes for iText 5 Core
- 🛠 1 bugfix for XFA Worker
5.5.13(commercial add-on, not on GitHub).
🛠 Please be informed that at the same time we release pdfXFA
1.0.3, an add-on for iText 7. All bugfixes for XFA Worker
5.5.13were ported to pdfXFA
🚀 No new functionality has been added since
5.5.13for .NET (also known as iTextSharp) can be installed using NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/iTextSharp/5.5.13
📦 Package Manager:
Install-Package iTextSharp Install-Package itextsharp.pdfa Install-Package itextsharp.xtra Install-Package itextsharp.xmlworker Install-Package itextsharp.xfaworker
dotnet add package iTextSharp dotnet add package itextsharp.pdfa dotnet add package itextsharp.xtra dotnet add package itextsharp.xmlworker dotnet add package itextsharp.xfaworker
🚀 Still questions about the release, don't hesitate to contact us.
v188.8.131.52August 27, 2020
- 🔒 security fix for clearer signatures validation
- 🔒 security improvement around decompression bombs
5.5.12is a maintenance release that rolls up 22 bugfixes for iText 5 Core from the past 5 months:
- 🛠 22 bugfixes for iText 5 Core 5.5.12.
- 🛠 6 bugfixes for XFAWorker 5.5.12 (Commercial add-on, not on GitHub).
No new functionality has been added since
🛠 At the same time we also release pdfXFA 1.0.2, an add-on for iText 7. All bugfixes for XFAWorker 5.5.12 were ported to pdfXFA 1.0.2.
5.5.12for .NET (also known as iTextSharp) can be installed using NuGet.
📦 Package Manager:
Install-Package iTextSharp -Version 5.5.12 Install-Package itextsharp.pdfa -Version 5.5.12 Install-Package itextsharp.xtra -Version 5.5.12 Install-Package itextsharp.xmlworker -Version 5.5.12 Install-Package itextsharp.xfaworker -Version 5.5.12
dotnet add package iTextSharp --version 5.5.12 dotnet add package itextsharp.pdfa --version 5.5.12 dotnet add package itextsharp.xtra --version 5.5.12 dotnet add package itextsharp.xmlworker --version 5.5.12 dotnet add package itextsharp.xfaworker --version 5.5.12
5.5.11is a maintenance release that rolls up 28 bugfixes from the past 5 months. No new functionality has been added since
🔄 Changelog: http://itextpdf.com/changelog/5510
🚀 Release Notes: http://itextpdf.com/release/iText5510
🚀 Download: https://github.com/itext/itextsharp/releases/tag/5.5.10
👷 Please note: the XMLWorker dll is now included in the itextsharp-all zip.
🔄 Changelog: http://itextpdf.com/changelog/559
🚀 Release Notes: http://itextpdf.com/release/iText559
🚀 Download: https://github.com/itext/itextsharp/releases/tag/5.5.9
🚀 A new site, a new release! We've been working very hard on a new web site that would contain more code samples and answers to questions. We've also made it easier to find the information you need by creating different, easy-to-understand categories, but also through better search functionality and the use of tags.
🛠 iText 5.5.8 fixes a problem with digital signatures that was accidentally introduced in version 5.5.7. While we were at it, we also improved the verification of OCSP responses. There were also problems when signing PDFs that are compliant with the PDF/A-2, PDF/A-3 and ZUGFeRD standard. Those are now fixed.
Other improvements involve:
- 🛠 Fonts: there were issues with some Noto fonts, we fixed the range of characters in the ToUnicode table, we provided a fallback mechanism in case of absent OS/2 tables,
- 🛠 Annotations: fixed some scaling issues and some flattening problems when skew and rotation are involved,
- 🛠 PdfReader: fixed partial reading when a PDF file is imported as a byte array,
- 🏷 Tagged PDF: fixed a problem with the structure tree when using page events,
- Page labels: we received code contributions from Nick Park that improve page label extraction.
🚀 We also have a new RUPS release. You can now click a stream in tree view to inspect its contents in a new window. This allows the user to keep a stream open while looking at other information such as the resources (fonts, XObjects, images,...) used by the stream.
⚡️ For the full list of updates, see the Changelog 5.5.8.
🚀 There's a new 60-page tutorial in the works about creating e-Invoices with iText. This book will be presented at Adobe's Headquarters in San Jose at the PDF Association's PDF Technical Conference. In the pdfa jar of iText 5.5.7, you'll find code that allows you to create ZUGFeRD invoices as a PDF document with an XML attachment that complies either with the ZUGFeRD Basic profile or the ZUGFeRD Comfort profile. All you need to do to create the XML, is to implement either the
ComfortInvoiceinterface. These are invoices that consist of nothing but
getX()methods in which you provide the content of your invoice (such as seller, buyer, invoice lines,...). The functionality is currently released in beta, let us know if you want more info before the official release of the tutorial.
🚀 This release also brings several improvements, especially in these areas:
- 🛠 The CleanUp functionality: several bug fixes; we've also resolved some inconsistencies between iText and iTextSharp.
- 🔀 Forms: fixed some problems with special (or missing) fonts, fixed some edge cases when merging forms.
- 🛠 Tables: fixed edge case errors, for instance problem:
- with skip first header/last footer,
- when splitting rows,
- regarding performance issues with nested tables.
- 👻 Reading PDF: better exception messages when "bad" PDFs are being read. For instance: we've found a PDF that had (illegal) circular references that resulted in an endless loop. We can now fail early before the JVM goes out of memory.
- 🔒 Digital signatures: added functionality to manage the field lock dictionary, solved a problem with the signing time attribute, and other fixes
We noticed some differences when using iText with Java 7 versus using iText with Java 8. These are now solved.
⚡️ We've added the
PdfASmartCopyclass. You can now choose for external caching when creating PDF/A (to save memory). We've also introduced some improvements to
PdfStamper: you can now add named destinations, and you can incrementally update a file on disk (if you want to save memory).
⚡️ For the full list of updates, see the Changelog 5.5.7.