IISNode alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Web Frameworks" category.
Alternatively, view IISNode alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of IISNode or a related project?
NOTE: Official branch is azure/iisnode
TL;DR; I no longer maintain or monitor this repository. Please go to azure/iisnode for the latest version of the stack and/or to file any issues.
I developed the iisnode technology to enable hosting Node.js applications in IIS, specifically in the Azure Websites, back when I was working at Microsoft. When I left the company in 2013, Microsoft decided to retain ownership of the stack. While I cannot speak to the current state of affairs or plans going forward, as of this writing, iisnode appears to still power execution of Node.js apps in Azure, and the azure/iisnode fork is where the action happens. Happy Noding!
-- @tjanczuk, 9/21/2018
Hosting node.js applications in IIS on Windows
- master: stable version.
- iisnode-dev: development branch.
Why would I want to do it?
Who uses iisnode?
- Microsoft azure - benefits
- Microsoft azure - get started with node.js
Prerequisites for using
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2012
- IIS 7.x with IIS Management Tools and ASP.NET
- WebSocket functionality requires IIS 8.x on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012
- URL rewrite module for IIS
- Latest node.js build for Windows
Installing for IIS 7.x/8.x
- Install iisnode for IIS 7.x/8.x: x86 or x64 - choose bitness matching your system
- To set up samples, from the administrative command prompt call
- Go to
Installing for IIS Express/WebMatrix
- Install WebMatrix using the Web Platform Installer
- Open WebMatrix, choose “Site from folder”, enter %localappdata%\iisnode\www, start the site, and play with the iisnode samples, or
- Use node.js templates to get started quickly with an Express application or a skeleton Hello World
Installing for IIS Express 8 on Windows x64 This can be a head-scratcher since IIS Express 8 gives you both 32-bit and 64-bit versions (http://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/introduction-to-iis-express/iis-80-express-readme). You can either:
- Install the full x64 version, then in Visual Studio go to Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions > Web Projects > Use the 64 bit version of IIS Express. This way you have a single install for both IIS and IIS Express.
- Separately install iisnode express version (https://github.com/azure/iisnode/wiki/iisnode-releases).
- the basics
- the basics (Pусский перевод)
- NEW: websockets
- using with express framework
- using with URL rewrite module
- using with WebMatrix and IIS Express
- site templates for WebMatrix
- using with mongodb
- diagnosing problems with ETW traces
- using with MVC
- portuguese: node.js no windows: instalando o iisnode
- integrated debugging
- NEW: integrated debugging with node-inspector v0.7.3
- pub/sub server using faye
- appharbor uses iisnode
Prerequisites for building
- All prerequisities for using
- Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop
- WIX Toolset v3.6
- Windows SDK for Windows 8
Build commands should be issued from the build environment set up with
"%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.bat", assuming default installation location of Visual Studio 2012 on x64 platform.
For x86 build:
msbuild /p:Platform=Win32 src\iisnode\iisnode.sln
For x64 build:
msbuild /p:Platform=x64 src\iisnode\iisnode.sln
Installing after build
- For IIS 7.x/8.0:
- For IIS Express 7.x:
- Install for IIS 7.x/8.x (see previous sections)
- note that for the WebSocket tests to pass you must be running in IIS 8.x on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012
Resources & documentation