FluentFTP alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Protocols" category.
Alternatively, view FluentFTP alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
A C# cross platform connected device framework
Really Simple Service Discovery Protocol - a 100% .Net implementation of the SSDP protocol for publishing custom/basic devices, and discovering all device types on a network.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of FluentFTP or a related project?
FluentFTP is a fully managed FTP and FTPS library for .NET & .NET Standard, optimized for speed. It provides extensive FTP commands, File uploads/downloads, SSL/TLS connections, Automatic directory listing parsing, File hashing/checksums, File permissions/CHMOD, FTP proxies, FXP transfers, UTF-8 support, Async/await support, Powershell support and more.
It is written entirely in C#, with no external dependencies. FluentFTP is released under the permissive MIT License, so it can be used in both proprietary and free/open source applications.
- Full support for FTP, FXP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), FTPS with client certificates and FTPS with CCC (for FTP firewalls)
- File management:
- File and directory listing for all major server types (Unix, Windows/IIS, Azure, Pure-FTPd, ProFTPD, Vax, VMS, OpenVMS, Tandem, HP NonStop Guardian, IBM OS/400, AS400, Windows CE, Serv-U, etc)
- Fully recursive directory listing and directory deletion (manual recursion and server-side recursion)
- Easily upload and download a file from the server with progress tracking
- Easily upload and download a directory from the server with easy synchronization modes
- Easily transfer a file or folder directly from one server to another using the FXP protocol
- Conditionally transfer files using rule based whitelisting and blacklisting
- Automatically verify the hash of a file & retry transfer if hash mismatches
- Configurable error handling (ignore/abort/throw) for multi-file transfers
- Easily read and write file data from the server using standard streams
- Create, append, read, write, rename, move and delete files and folders
- Recursively deletes folders and all its contents
- Get file/folder info (exists, size, security flags, modified date/time)
- Get and set file permissions (owner, group, other)
- Absolute or relative paths (relative to the "working directory")
- Compare a local file against a remote file using the hash/checksum (MD5, CRC32, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512)
- Dereference of symbolic links to calculate the linked file/folder
- Throttling of uploads and downloads with configurable speed limit
- FTP protocol:
- Automatic detection of working connection settings and automatic connection negotiation
- Automatic detection of the FTP server software and its capabilities
- Extensive support for FTP commands, including some server-specific commands
- Easily send server-specific FTP commands using the
- Explicit and Implicit SSL connections are supported for the control and data connections using .NET's
- Passive and active data connections (PASV, EPSV, PORT and EPRT)
- Supports Unix CHMOD, PRET, ProFTPD's SITE MKDIR and RMDIR commands, Serv-U's RMDA command
- Supports FTP Proxies ([email protected], HTTP 1.1, BlueCoat)
- FTP command logging using
TraceListeners(passwords omitted) to trace or log output to a file
- SFTP is not supported as it is FTP over SSH, a completely different protocol (use SSH.NET for that)
- Asynchronous support:
- Synchronous and asynchronous methods using
awaitfor all operations
- Asynchronous methods for .NET 4.0 and below using
- All asynchronous methods can be cancelled midway by passing a
- All asynchronous methods honor the
ReadTimeoutand automatically cancel themselves if timed out
- Improves thread safety by cloning the FTP control connection for file transfers (optional)
- Implements its own internal locking in an effort to keep transactions synchronized
- Synchronous and asynchronous methods using
- Easily add support for custom non-standard FTP servers (see the Custom Servers page)
- Easily add support for more file or directory filtering rules (simply extend
- Easily add support for more proxy types (simply extend
- Easily add unsupported directory listing parsers (see the
- Easily add custom logging/tracing functionality using
- Easily add your own Powershell commands by extending the scripts in
FluentFTP works on .NET and .NET Standard/.NET Core.
|.NET Standard 1.4||netstandard1.4|
|.NET Standard 1.6||netstandard1.6|
|.NET Standard 2.0||netstandard2.0|
|.NET Standard 2.1||netstandard2.1|
FluentFTP is also supported on these platforms: (via .NET Standard)
- Mono 4.6
- Xamarin.iOS 10.0
- Xamarin.Android 10.0
- Universal Windows Platform 10.0
Binaries for all platforms are built from a single Visual Studio 2019 Project. You will need VS 2019 to build or contribute to FluentFTP.
To get started, check out the Quick start example in C#.
Documentation and FAQs
Check the Wiki.
Special thanks to these awesome people who helped create FluentFTP!
FluentFTP is supported by these generous organizations:
JetBrains provides cutting-edge IDE and developer productivity tools. Balsamiq provides rapid and effective wireframing and UI design tools. YourKit provides a market-leading intelligent Java Profiler and .NET Profiler.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the FluentFTP README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.