Designed to democratize image processing, ImageSharp brings you an incredibly powerful yet beautifully simple API built by the SixLabors team.
Compared to System.Drawing we have been able to develop something much more flexible, easier to code against, and much, much less prone to memory leaks. Gone are system-wide process-locks; ImageSharp images are thread-safe and fully supported in web environments.
Built against .Net Standard 1.1, the SixLabors ImageSharp libarary can be used in device, cloud, and embedded/IoT scenarios.
ImageSharp alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Image Processing" category.
Alternatively, view ImageSharp alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
1.8 5.0 ImageSharp VS Imgix-CSharpA C# client library for generating image URLs with imgix
A cross-platform .NET Standard library for reading/manipulating/writing image files. The primary focus is to create 2D/3D/Cubemap textures for graphics/game applications, notably to convert images to GPU compressed formats and generate mipmaps. The library wraps the FreeImage native library to import/export over 30 common image formats, and wraps the Nvidia Texture Tools native library for GPU compression features. It also has a fully featured DDS format importer/exporter written in C#.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ImageSharp or a related project?
ImageSharp is a new, fully featured, fully managed, cross-platform, 2D graphics API.
ImageSharp is a new, fully featured, fully managed, cross-platform, 2D graphics library. Designed to simplify image processing, ImageSharp brings you an incredibly powerful yet beautifully simple API.
ImageSharp is designed from the ground up to be flexible and extensible. The library provides API endpoints for common image processing operations and the building blocks to allow for the development of additional operations.
Built against .NET Standard 1.3, ImageSharp can be used in device, cloud, and embedded/IoT scenarios.
- ImageSharp is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0
- An alternative Commercial Support License can be purchased for projects and applications requiring support. Please visit https://sixlabors.com/pricing for details.
Support Six Labors
Support the efforts of the development of the Six Labors projects.
- Purchase a Commercial Support License :heart:
- Become a sponsor via GitHub Sponsors :heart:
- Become a sponsor via Open Collective :heart:
- Detailed documentation for the ImageSharp API is available. This includes additional conceptual documentation to help you get started.
- Our Samples Repository is also available containing buildable code samples demonstrating common activities.
- Do you have questions? We are happy to help! Please join our Discussions Forum, or ask them on Stack Overflow using the
ImageSharptag. Please do not open issues for questions.
- Please read our Contribution Guide before opening issues or pull requests!
Code of Conduct
Install stable releases via Nuget; development releases are available via MyGet.
|Package Name||Release (NuGet)||Nightly (MyGet)|
If you prefer, you can compile ImageSharp yourself (please do and help!)
- Using Visual Studio 2019
- Make sure you have the latest version installed
- Make sure you have the .NET 5 SDK installed
Alternatively, you can work from command line and/or with a lightweight editor on both Linux/Unix and Windows:
To clone ImageSharp locally, click the "Clone in [YOUR_OS]" button above or run the following git commands:
git clone https://github.com/SixLabors/ImageSharp
If working with Windows please ensure that you have enabled long file paths in git (run as Administrator).
git config --system core.longpaths true
This repository uses Git Large File Storage. Please follow the linked instructions to ensure you have it set up in your environment.
This repository contains Git Submodules. To add the submodules to the project, navigate to the repository root and type:
git submodule update --init --recursive
How can you help?
Please... Spread the word, contribute algorithms, submit performance improvements, unit tests, no input is too little. Make sure to read our Contribution Guide before opening a PR.
The ImageSharp Team
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the ImageSharp README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.