MVC.Template v1.9.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-02-06 // about 2 years ago
- ➕ Added not tabbable attribute for readonly fields, to improve user experience.
- ➕ Added support for showing only unique alerts.
- 👌 Improved resources test coverage by adding sitemap and page title checks.
- Replaced JsTree library for rendering trees with a native implementation.
- Clarified project renaming instructions to avoid developer confusion.
- 0️⃣ Made boolean grid columns not multifiltered by default.
- 🔒 Made default content security policy less permissive.
- Replaced jquery based bootstrap with native one.
- ⚡️ Updated bootstrap toolkit to v4.
- 🛠 Fixed, error pages middleware not serving ajax failure responses with correct content type.
- 🛠 Fixed, datalist search being trimmed, resulting in unexpected results for the users.
- 🛠 Fixed, dyanmic script and styling provider crashing on multiple threads access.
- 🛠 Fixed, sitemap missing profile icons, resulting in weirdly spaced breadcrumb.
- 🛠 Fixed, form actions not being aligned correctly on higher resolution devices.
- 🛠 Fixed, readonly datalists not being correctly initialized in readonly widgets.
- 🛠 Fixed, grid outline styling mixing up with invalid input styling.
- 🛠 Fixed, menu filter not being reset when menu is collapsed.
- ✂ Removed ms clear pseudo elements from inputs, to avoid inconsistency problems.
- ✂ Removed language selection when return url points to non root path.
- ✂ Removed server header from all responses, to improve security.
- ✂ Removed development context references in tests.
- ✂ Removed dependency on PT Sans font.
- ✂ Removed flaky label tests.
Previous changes from v1.8.0
- ➕ Added support for using nullable ids to get model objects.
- ➕ Added support for changing antiforgery token cookie name.
- ➕ Added support for automatically disabling widget form inputs.
- ➕ Added support for truncating date values during model binding.
- ➕ Added support for using nullable ids to get mapped model objects.
- ➕ Added support for specifying admin password for renamed project.
- ➕ Added back support for rendering action specific scripts and styling.
- ➕ Added support for returning proper error messages on ajax requests.
- ➕ Added missing tests for empty messages after successful validations.
- ➕ Added support for validating properties for required values from base validator.
- ➕ Added accept files attribute for client and server side validation of used file extensions.
- ➕ Added support for getting model state error dictionary for use in unobtrusive validation.
- ➕ Added center alignment for datalist's boolean values to keep consistency with the grid styling.
- ➕ Added support for using authorized attribute on self, to avoid simple infinite recursion problems.
- Lowered control label padding, to improve usability.
- 🚚 Moved model views to their respective controller directories.
- 🚚 Moved authorization usage from service layer to controller one.
- Made table hover styling consistent across datalist and data tables.
- 🔒 Renamed antiforgery and session cookie names, to improve security.
- 0️⃣ Made grid defaults call order agnostic, to avoid overwriting already set css classes.
- 0️⃣ Replaced single or default usage in unit of work's get method to with a find method.
- 🏗 Excluded code templates from the build output, because they are developer's artifacts.
- Made equal to attribute validation less error prone to property name mistypes and changes.
- Made file list binding more consistent by excluding null files as they are added on no selection.
- Made content controls spacing more consistent by using full padding instead one side margins.
- Inlined most of the partials being rendered in the layout view, because of slow partial rendering.
- 👍 Increased minimum supported visual studio version to 2015, because 2013 is too old to support.
- 🛠 Fixed, account recovery not being tested for successful path.
- 🛠 Fixed, widget button icon and text not being spaced between each other.
- 🛠 Fixed, client side number validations not using all possible number formats.
- 🛠 Fixed, first inputs being focused with a cursor at the start instead of the end.
- 🛠 Fixed, action cell width being too small or too high when it's content is hidden.
- 🛠 Fixed, not registering any authorization provider resulting in null pointer exceptions.
- 🛠 Fixed, logging failing when application physical path is not the same as application host path.
- 🛠 Fixed, inherited property resources not being loaded unless declared type titles are specified.
- 🛠 Fixed, including all models when filtering by datalist ids if it's being filtered by additional filters.
- 🛠 Fixed, not trimmed attribute not stopping trimming model binder from trimming string properties.
- 🛠 Fixed, date picker not calling change event on date selection, making change handlers ineffective.
- ✂ Removed required labels from not nullable boolean values, to improve usability.
- ✂ Removed support for keeping current query string when changing the language.
- ✂ Removed mutability from query instances, to keep consistency with how linq extensions work.
- ✂ Removed minified js files, because their minification and bundling is handled by the release build.
- ✂ Removed generic model state error from exception helper, because exceptions should not be used.
- ✂ Removed web essentials from a list of necessary extensions to be installed, because it was deprecated.