Realm Xamarin alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Database" category.
Alternatively, view Realm Xamarin alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Realm Xamarin or a related project?
Realm is a mobile database that runs directly on phones, tablets or wearables.
This repository holds the source code for the .NET / C# versions of Realm. Currently, we support all major mobile and desktop operating systems, such as iOS, Android, UWP, macOS, Linux, and Windows. For a full list of supported platforms and their versions, check out the Prerequisites section in the documentation.
- Mobile-first: Realm is the first database built from the ground up to run directly inside phones, tablets, and wearables.
- Simple: Data is directly exposed as objects and queryable by code, removing the need for ORM's riddled with performance & maintenance issues. Plus, we've worked hard to keep our API down to just 2 common classes (RealmObject and Realm): most of our users pick it up intuitively, getting simple apps up & running in minutes.
- Modern: Realm supports relationships, generics, vectorization and modern C# idioms.
- Fast: Realm is faster than even raw SQLite on common operations while maintaining an extremely rich feature set.
Please see the detailed instructions in our User Guide to add Realm to your solution.
- Need help with your code?: Look for previous questions on the #realm tag — or ask a new question. You can also check out our Community Forum where general questions about how to do something can be discussed.
- Have a bug to report? Open an issue. If possible, include the version of Realm, a full log, the Realm file, and a project that shows the issue.
- Have a feature request? Open an issue. Tell us what the feature should do, and why you want the feature.
If you want to test recent bugfixes or features that have not been packaged in an official release yet, you can use the preview releases published after every commit to the GitHub packages NuGet feed. To consume the packages, you have two options:
Refer to this guide for instructions on adding custom sources to the NuGet Package Manager.
- The source URL you need to specify is
username, specify your GitHub username
- For password, specify an access token with the
There is an ongoing thread with the GitHub team to streamline this by not requiring authentication for public packages, but as of Sept. 2020, this is still needed.
- The source URL you need to specify is
Download the package locally and install it.
We highly recommend using our pre-built binaries via NuGet but you can also build from source.
- Visual Studio 2019 Community or above.
- Building iOS/macOS apps also requires Xcode 8.1 or above.
Note for Debugging that the following steps mention building for Release. If you are debugging, just substitute Debug and you probably also want to choose Debug | iPhoneSimulator as a platform.
- Download and build the native libraries using the instructions in
- Open the
- Build and run the tests for the relevant platforms.
If you are actively testing code against the Realm source, see also the unit test projects and other tests under the Tests folder.
See [CONTRIBUTING.md](CONTRIBUTING.md) for more details!
Realm .NET and Realm Core are published under the Apache License 2.0.
This product is not being made available to any person located in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or the Crimea region, or to any other person that is not eligible to receive the product under U.S. law.
If you use Realm and are happy with it, all we ask is that you please consider sending out a tweet mentioning @realm to share your thoughts!
And if you don't like it, please let us know what you would like improved, so we can fix it!
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Realm Xamarin README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.