Roslyn alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Compiler" category.
Alternatively, view Roslyn alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Roslyn or a related project?
Welcome to the .NET Compiler Platform ("Roslyn")
Roslyn provides open-source C# and Visual Basic compilers with rich code analysis APIs. It enables building code analysis tools with the same APIs that are used by Visual Studio.
C# and Visual Basic Language Feature Suggestions
If you want to suggest a new feature for the C# or Visual Basic languages go here:
- dotnet/csharplang for C# specific issues
- dotnet/vblang for VB-specific features
- dotnet/csharplang for features that affect both languages
Some of the best ways to contribute are to try things out, file bugs, and join in design conversations.
A great way to get started is to ask some questions!
- Start with a question on discussions
- You can also join in on the design discussions on gitter or discord
See if your issue is already being worked on! (Add your own votes using the 👍 reaction)
Vote in the Backlog! (Add your own votes using the 👍 reaction)
Find a bug to fix! (Add your own votes using the 👍 reaction)
- First read this guide: [How to Contribute](docs/wiki/Contributing-Code.md)
- [Building, testing and debugging the sources](docs/wiki/Building-Testing-and-Debugging.md)
- Top Bugs
Find a feature to implement! (Add your own votes using the 👍 reaction)
Getting started with the Roslyn APIs
If you want to get started using Roslyn's APIs to analyzer your code take a look at these links:
- Roslyn Architecture Overview
- Tutorial: Write your first analyzer and code fix
- Useful Tools
The latest pre-release builds are available from the following public NuGet feeds:
- IDE Services:
- .NET SDK:
Continuous Integration status
Desktop Unit Tests
|Branch||Debug x86||Debug x64||Release x86||Release x64|
CoreClr Unit Tests
|Branch||Windows Debug||Windows Release||Linux|
This [project](CODE-OF-CONDUCT.md) has adopted the .NET Foundation Code of Conduct.