- 🛠 Fix several issues with MSI deployment (#1453, #1564, #1538), thanks @bitdisaster
- 🏁 Squirrel log files have changed names a bit (#1456) and are generally Improved, thanks @bitdisaster
- 🏁 Splat is no longer a dependency of Squirrel (#1578), thanks @nickhodge
- ⚡️ Mono.Cecil is now updated, which allows Squirrel.Windows to be used with ARM64 applications (#1617), thanks to @dennisameling
- ➕ Add .NET 4.8 Support as a dependency (#1648), thanks @theium
💥 Breaking changes
⚡️ Note that since Squirrel.Windows uses SemVer we have updated the major version number - however, these changes should be fairly easy to manage and shouldn't require any large changes in your app.
Splat is now internalized
🏁 The logging framework that Squirrel.Windows uses (Splat) is now shipped as part of Squirrel.Windows itself. This means, that if you have set up custom setup logging or were using Splat in your application as well, you will need to set it up separately.
🏁 To make this a bit less complicated for applications that are also using Splat directly, Splat's
Locatorglobal which is used to configure logging is now named
SquirrelLocatorin the internal Squirrel.Windows version.
Note that this does not affect Electron or other non-C# applications that are using the out-of-process API (i.e. running
- 🚀 Squirrel's Machine-Wide Deployment now makes itself clearer in its filename as well as its Programs and Features entry that it's a deployment tool
- 🌲 Squirrel log file names have changed
🐛 Bug Fixes:
- 🏁 Ensure that if we really quickly show the splash screen we still won't crash (#1071, #1074)
- 🛠 Fix invalid bsdiff files showing up in package (#1087, thanks @Keboo)
- 🛠 Fix error when clearing AppCompat shim registry (#1086, thanks @Keboo)
- ⚡️ Update SharpCompress and fix some paths (Thanks @hs-hub-world)
- 🛠 Fix crashes when using certain animated GIFs (#1061)
- 🛠 Fix issue on .NET where old version of DeltaCompressionDotNet gets installed (#1057, thanks @rschoenbach)
- ➕ Add .NET 4.7 as an option for the required .NET version (#1055, thanks @lukeskinner)
- 🏁 If a version of the app is installed that's higher than the latest remote version, don't continually download it anyways (#1001, thanks @ilyalopatkin)