Compare-Net-Objects alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Testing" category.
Alternatively, view Compare-Net-Objects alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Bogus9.2 4.2 L4 Compare-Net-Objects VS Bogus:card_index: A simple fake data generator for C#, F#, and VB.NET. Based on and ported from the famed faker.js.
Moq9.1 7.4 Compare-Net-Objects VS MoqRepo for managing Moq 4.x
xUnit8.9 7.9 L3 Compare-Net-Objects VS xUnitxUnit.net is a free, open source, community-focused unit testing tool for .NET.
Fluent Assertions8.4 7.6 L4 Compare-Net-Objects VS Fluent AssertionsA very extensive set of extension methods that allow you to more naturally specify the expected outcome of a TDD or BDD-style unit tests. Targets .NET Framework 4.7, as well as .NET Core 2.1, .NET Core 3.0, .NET 6, .NET Standard 2.0 and 2.1. Supports the unit test frameworks MSTest2, NUnit3, XUnit2, MSpec, and NSpec3.
AutoFixture8.3 2.1 L3 Compare-Net-Objects VS AutoFixtureAutoFixture is an open source library for .NET designed to minimize the 'Arrange' phase of your unit tests in order to maximize maintainability. Its primary goal is to allow developers to focus on what is being tested rather than how to setup the test scenario, by making it easier to create object graphs containing test data.
NUnit8.3 4.5 L3 Compare-Net-Objects VS NUnitNUnit 3 Framework
SpecFlow8.3 6.7 L4 Compare-Net-Objects VS SpecFlow#1 .NET BDD Framework. SpecFlow automates your testing & works with your existing code. Find Bugs before they happen. Behavior Driven Development helps developers, testers, and business representatives to get a better understanding of their collaboration
TestcontainersA library to support tests with throwaway instances of Docker containers for all compatible .NET Standard versions.
Shouldly7.5 3.8 L4 Compare-Net-Objects VS ShouldlyShould testing for .NET—the way assertions should be!
NSubstitute7.4 2.7 L5 Compare-Net-Objects VS NSubstituteA friendly substitute for .NET mocking libraries.
Verify7.1 7.1 Compare-Net-Objects VS VerifyVerify is a snapshot tool that simplifies the assertion of complex data models and documents.
NBomber7.0 3.8 Compare-Net-Objects VS NBomberModern and flexible load testing framework for Pull and Push scenarios, designed to test any system regardless a protocol (HTTP/WebSockets/AMQP etc) or a semantic model (Pull/Push).
Stryker.NETMutation testing for .NET core and .NET framework!
FakeItEasy6.9 0.0 L4 Compare-Net-Objects VS FakeItEasyThe easy mocking library for .NET
WireMock.NetWireMock.Net is a flexible product for stubbing and mocking web HTTP responses using advanced request matching and response templating. Based on the functionality from http://WireMock.org, but extended with more functionality.
FsCheck6.3 2.2 Compare-Net-Objects VS FsCheckRandom Testing for .NET
Machine.SpecificationsMachine.Specifications is a Context/Specification framework for .NET that removes language noise and simplifies tests.
MSTest6.0 9.7 Compare-Net-Objects VS MSTestMSTest framework and adapter
NetArchTestA fluent API for .Net that can enforce architectural rules in unit tests.
GenFu5.9 0.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS GenFuGenFu is a library you can use to generate realistic test data. It is composed of several property fillers that can populate commonly named properties through reflection using an internal database of values or randomly created data. You can override any of the fillers, give GenFu hints on how to fill them.
Expecto5.3 0.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS ExpectoA smooth testing lib for F#. APIs made for humans! Strong testing methodologies for everyone!
Fixie5.3 0.0 L4 Compare-Net-Objects VS FixieErgonomic Testing for .NET
Canopy5.2 4.3 Compare-Net-Objects VS Canopyf# web automation and testing library, built on top of Selenium (friendly to c# also)
BDDfy4.8 0.0 L5 Compare-Net-Objects VS BDDfyBDDfy is the simplest BDD framework EVER!
ArchUnitNETA C# architecture test library to specify and assert architecture rules in C# for automated testing.
Rhino Mocks4.8 0.0 L5 Compare-Net-Objects VS Rhino MocksDynamic Mocking Framework for .NET
FluentAutomation4.4 0.0 L3 Compare-Net-Objects VS FluentAutomationSimple Fluent API for UI Automation
Fine Code CoverageVisualize unit test code coverage easily for free in Visual Studio Community Edition (and other editions too)
NFluent4.3 1.3 Compare-Net-Objects VS NFluentSmooth your .NET TDD experience with NFluent! NFluent is an ergonomic assertion library which aims to fluent your .NET TDD experience (based on simple Check.That() assertion statements). NFluent aims your tests to be fluent to write (with a super-duper-happy 'dot' auto-completion experience), fluent to read (i.e. as close as possible to plain English expression), but also fluent to troubleshoot, in a less-error-prone way comparing to the classical .NET test frameworks. NFluent is also directly inspired by the awesome Java FEST Fluent assertion/reflection library (http://fest.easytesting.org/)
xBehave.net4.2 8.1 L4 Compare-Net-Objects VS xBehave.net✖ An xUnit.net extension for describing each step in a test with natural language.
NSpec3.9 0.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS NSpecA battle hardened testing framework for C# that's heavily inspired by Mocha and RSpec.
SpecsFor3.9 0.0 L5 Compare-Net-Objects VS SpecsForSpecsFor is a light-weight Behavior-Driven Development framework that focuses on ease of use for *developers* by minimizing testing friction.
LightBDD3.8 4.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS LightBDDBDD framework allowing to create easy to read and maintain tests.
snapshooterSnapshooter is a snapshot testing tool for .NET Core and .NET Framework
AutoMoq3.4 0.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS AutoMoqAuto mocking provider for Moq.
Xunit.Gherkin.QuickBDD in .NET Core - using Xunit and Gherkin (compatible with both .NET Core and .NET)
ExpressionToCode3.2 0.0 L2 Compare-Net-Objects VS ExpressionToCodeGenerates valid, readable C# from an Expression Tree.
should3.2 0.0 L4 Compare-Net-Objects VS shouldShould Assertion Library
SimpleStubs*SimpleStubs* is a simple mocking framework that supports Universal Windows Platform (UWP), .NET Core and .NET framework. SimpleStubs is currently developed and maintained by Microsoft BigPark Studios in Vancouver.
Moq.Contrib.HttpClientA set of extension methods for mocking HttpClient and IHttpClientFactory with Moq.
Fuchu3.0 0.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS FuchuFunctional test library for F# / C# / VB.NET
CsCheck2.4 0.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS CsCheckRandom testing library for C#
NBuilder2.2 0.0 L2 Compare-Net-Objects VS NBuilderRapid generation of test objects in .NET
NScenario2.2 2.7 Compare-Net-Objects VS NScenarioDead simple library for annotating steps of test case scenarios.
xRetry1.9 0.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS xRetryRetry running tests via Xunit and Specflow
TestContainers dotnetdotnet port of testcontainers-java
SecTester1.5 10.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS SecTesterSecTester is a new tool that integrates our enterprise-grade scan engine directly into your unit tests.
CoreBDD1.3 10.0 Compare-Net-Objects VS CoreBDDBDD framework for xUnit.net
GennyMcGenFace1.0 0.0 L3 Compare-Net-Objects VS GennyMcGenFaceNo description or website provided.
CheckTestOutputSemi-manual asserts for unit tests
ONLYOFFICE Docs — document collaboration in your environment
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Compare-Net-Objects or a related project?
What you have been waiting for. Perform a deep compare of any two .NET objects using reflection. Shows the differences between the two objects.
- Compatible with .NET Framework 4.0 and higher.
- .NET Standard 1.3 Build Compatible with .NET Core 1.0, Mono 4.6, Xamarin.iOS 10.0, Xamarin.Mac 3.0, Xamarin.Android 7.0, Universal Windows Platform 10.0
- .NET Standard 2.0 Build Compatible with .NET Core 2.0, Mono 5.4, Xamarin.iOS 10.14, Xamarin.Mac 3.8, Xamarin.Android 8.0, Universal Windows Platform 10.0.16299, Unity 2018.1
- .NET Standard 2.1 Build Compatible with .NET 5, .NET 6, Mono 6.4, Xamarin.iOS 12.16, Xamarin.Mac 5.16, Xamarin.Android 10.0
Install with NuGet Package Manager Console
Install with .NET CLI
dotnet add package CompareNETObjects
- Compare Children (on by default)
- Handling for Trees with Children Pointing To Parents (Circular References)
- Compares Publicly Visible Class Fields and Properties
- Compares Private Fields and Properties (off by default)
- Source code in C#
- NUnit Test Project Included with over 275+ unit tests
- Ability to load settings from a config file for use with powershell
- Ability to pass in the configuration
- Ability to save and load the configuration as json
- Test Extensions .ShouldCompare and .ShouldNotCompare
- Several configuration options for comparing private elements, ignoring specific elements, including specific elements.
- Property and Field Info reflection caching for increased performance
- Rich Differences List or simple DifferencesString
- Difference Callback
- Supports custom comparison for types and properties
- ElapsedMilliseconds indicates how long the comparison took
- Thread Safe
- Beyond Compare Report
- WinMerge Report
- CSV Report
- User Friendly Report
- HTML Report
- Ability to IgnoreCollectionOrder to compare lists of different lengths
- Ability to ignore indexer comparison
- Ability to ignore types
- Ability to ignore specific members by name or by wildcard
- Interface member filtering
- Ability to treat string.empty and null as equal
- Ability to ignore string leading and trailing whitespace
- Case insensitive option for strings
- Ignore millisecond differences between DateTime values or DateTimeOffset values
- Precision for double or decimal values
- Dynamic (Expando objects and Dynamic objects are supported)
- Anonymous Types
- Primitive Types (String, Int, Boolean, etc.)
- IList Objects
- Single and Multi-Dimensional Arrays
- Immutable Arrays
- IDictionary Objects
- Classes that Implement IList with Integer Indexers
- DataSet Data
- DataTable Data
- DataRow Data
- DataColumn Differences
- IPEndPoint (Supported for everything except .NET Standard 1.0)
- Types of Type (RuntimeType)
- Custom Collections with Non-Integer Indexers cannot be compared.
- Private properties and fields cannot be compared for .NET Core 1.3. They are allowed to be compared in .NET Core 2.0 and higher.
- When ignoring the collection order, the collection matching spec must be a property on the class. It cannot be a field or a property on a child or parent class. The property has to be a simple type.
- COM Objects are not compared. To compare COM objects wrap their properties in a .NET Object or create a custom comparer. Also See: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9735394/reflection-on-com-interop-objects