Open XML SDK alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Office" category.
Alternatively, view Open XML SDK alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.3 8.4 L2 Open XML SDK VS NPOIa .NET library that can read/write Office formats without Microsoft Office installed. No COM+, no interop.
8.5 6.5 Open XML SDK VS ClosedXMLClosedXML is a .NET library for reading, manipulating and writing Excel 2007+ (.xlsx, .xlsm) files. It aims to provide an intuitive and user-friendly interface to dealing with the underlying OpenXML API.
6.6 7.4 L1 Open XML SDK VS ExcelDnaExcel-DNA - Free and easy .NET for Excel. This repository contains the core Excel-DNA library.
5.3 4.0 Open XML SDK VS NetOffice🌌 .NET wrapper assemblies for accessing Microsoft Office applications.
.NET Core library to create custom reports based on Word docx or HTML documents and convert to PDF
2.4 0.0 Open XML SDK VS BookFxComposing Excel spreadsheets based on a tree of nested components like the HTML DOM.
2.2 7.5 Open XML SDK VS ShapeCrawlerA .NET library for manipulating PowerPoint presentations.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Open XML SDK or a related project?
Open XML SDK
Open XML SDK 2.5 Productivity Tool
Now available for download at Open XML SDK 2.5 Productivity Tool.
The Open XML SDK provides tools for working with Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. It supports scenarios such as:
- High-performance generation of word-processing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Document modification, such as adding, updating, and removing content and metadata.
- Search and replace content using regular expressions.
- Splitting up (shredding) a file into multiple files, and combining multiple files into a single file.
- Updating cached data and embedded spreadsheets for charts in Word/PowerPoint.
Table of Contents
The official release NuGet packages for Open XML SDK are available on Nuget.org.
The NuGet package for the latest builds of the Open XML SDK is available as a custom feed on MyGet. You can trust this package source, since the custom feed is locked and only this project feeds into the source. Stable releases here will be mirrored onto NuGet and will be identical.
For latests changes, please see the [changelog](CHANGELOG.md)
The package currently supports the following frameworks:
- .NET Framework 3.5+
- .NET Standard 1.3+
- .NET Core 1.0+
- .NET 5+
- Mono 4.6+
- Xamarin.iOS 10.0+
- Xamarin.Mac 3.0+
- Xamarin.Android 7.0+
- UWP 10.0+
- Unity 2018.1+
For details on platform support, please see the docs at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/net-standard.
If You Have Problems
If you want to report a problem (bug, behavior, build, distribution, feature request, etc...) with the SDK built by this repository, please feel free to post a new issue and someone will try to help.
If you have "how-to" questions please post to one of the following resources:
- On .NET Core and .NET 5, zip packages do not have a way to stream data. Thus, the working set can explode in certain situations. This is a known issue.
- On .NET Core, targeting .NET Framework 4.5+, and .NET 5,
System.Uriwill not parse invalid links. This causes an exception. A workaround in v2.12.0+ of OpenXml SDK is to use
OpenSettings.RelationshipErrorRewriterto rewrite them to something that can be parsed. A discussion is available here to enable something more robust in
- On .NET Framework, an
IsolatedStorageExceptionmay be thrown under certain circumstances. This generally occurs when manipulating a large document in an environment with an AppDomain that does not have enough evidence. A sample with a workaround is available here.
The functionality of the specific classes in this version of the Open XML SDK is similar to version 2.5, therefore the Open XML SDK 2.5 for Office documentation available on MSDN is still accurate.
In addition to open sourcing of the SDK, Microsoft has opened up the conceptual documentation for public review / contributions. A copy of the documentation is available for you to edit and review in GitHub.
- Open XML SDK 2.5 Productivity Tool: The Productivity Tool provides viewing and code generation compatible with the Open XML SDK 2.5.
- Open XML Powertools: This provides example code and guidance for implementing a wide range of Open XML scenarios.
- ClosedXml: This library provides a simplified object model on top of the OpenXml SDK for manipulating and creating Excel documents.
- Serialize.OpenXml.CodeGen: This is a tool that converts an OpenXml document into the .NET code required to create it.
- Html2OpenXml: This is a tool that takes HTML and converts it to an OpenXml document.
- DocxToSource: This is a tool designed to be a replacement for the old OpenXML SDK Productivity Tool.
- OOXML Viewer: This is an extension for Visual Studio Code to View and Edit the xml parts of an Office Open XML file and to view a diff with the previous version of an OOXML part when saved from an outside program. Search OOXML in the VS Code extensions tab or get it from the VS Code Marketplace
- ShapeCrawler: This library provides a simplified object model on top of the OpenXml SDK to manipulate PowerPoint documents.