Stride Game Engine alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Game" category.
Alternatively, view Stride Game Engine alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
A full-cycle analytics solution for game developers.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Stride Game Engine or a related project?
Welcome to the Stride source code repository!
Stride is an open-source C# game engine for realistic rendering and VR. The engine is highly modular and aims at giving game makers more flexibility in their development. Stride comes with an editor that allows you to create and manage the content of your games or applications visually and intuitively.
To learn more about Stride, visit stride3d.net.
Stride is covered by the [MIT License](LICENSE.md) unless stated otherwise (i.e. for some files that are copied from other projects).
You can find the list of third party projects [here](THIRD%20PARTY.md).
Contributors need to sign the following [Contribution License Agreement](docs/ContributorLicenseAgreement.md).
Find explanations and information about Stride:
Ask for help or report issues:
- Chat with the community on Discord
- Discuss topics on our forums
- Report engine issues
- Donate to support the project
- List of Projects made by users
Building from source
- Latest Git with Large File Support selected in the setup on the components dialog.
- Visual Studio 2019 with the following workloads:
.NET desktop developmentwith
.NET Framework 4.7.2 targeting pack
Desktop development with C++with
Windows 10 SDK (10.0.18362.0)(it's currently enabled by default but it might change)
MSVC v142 - VS2019 C++ x64/x86 build tools (v14.26)or later version (should be enabled by default)
C++/CLI support for v142 build tools (v14.26)or later version (not enabled by default)
.NET Core cross-platform development
- Optional (to target UWP):
Universal Windows Platform developmentwith
Windows 10 SDK (10.0.18362.0)or later version
MSVC v142 - VS2019 C++ ARM build tools (v14.26)or later version (not enabled by default)
- Optional (to target iOS/Android):
Mobile development with .NETand
Android SDK setup (API level 27)individual component, then in Visual Studio go to
Tools > Android > Android SDK Managerand install
NDK(version 19+) from
- FBX SDK 2019.0 VS2015
- Open a command prompt, point it to a directory and clone Stride to it:
git clone https://github.com/stride3d/stride.git
<StrideDir>\build\Stride.slnwith Visual Studio 2019 and build
Stride.GameStudio(it should be the default startup project) or run it from VS's toolbar.
- Optionally, open and build
If building failed:
- If you skipped one of the
Prerequisitesthinking that you already have the latest version, update to the latest anyway just to be sure.
- Visual Studio might have issues properly building if an outdated version of 2017 is present alongside 2019. If you want to keep VS 2017 make sure that it is up to date and that you are building Stride through VS 2019.
- Some changes might require a system reboot, try that if you haven't yet.
Do note that test solutions might fail but it should not prevent you from building
Please check our [Contributing Guidelines](docs/CONTRIBUTING.md).
|Windows OpenGL ES|
|Tests Windows Simple|
|Tests Windows D3D11|
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Stride Game Engine README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.