OpenTK alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Graphics" category
A cross-platform .NET Standard wrapper for the Open Asset Importer ("Assimp"). The library enables importing, processing, and exporting of 3D models for rendering in graphics/game applications. Over 40 formats are supported for importing (e.g. OBJ, FBX, GLTF, 3DS, Collada) and a subset of those formats can be exported to (e.g. OBJ, GLTF, 3DS, Collada). Mesh processing features allow for mesh data to be generated or optimized for real-time rendering.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of OpenTK or a related project?
OpenTK is a large project. There are many components to work on, and we'd welcome almost any contribution. The community is friendly, welcoming and always ready to help you get your PRs merged!
We have a very active discord server, if you need help, want to help, or are just curious, come join us!
The Open Toolkit library is a fast, low-level C# binding for OpenGL, OpenGL ES and OpenAL. It runs on all major platforms and powers hundreds of apps, games and scientific research.
Use OpenTK to add cross-platform 3d graphics, audio, compute and haptics to your C# application. Integrate it into your existing user interface or use it standalone without any external dependencies.
Project website: https://opentk.net
Official git repository: https://github.com/opentk/opentk
- Create cutting-edge graphics with OpenGL 4.6 and OpenGL ES 3.0
- Spice up your GUI with 3d acceleration
- Improve your code flow with strong types and inline documentation
- Windowing systems to help get you started
- Input, and other game essentials.
- Performant, highly optimized and reliable linear algebra library
- Write once run everywhere
OpenTK is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, *BSD, SteamOS, Android and iOS. It can be used standalone or integrated into a GUI (Windows.Forms, WPF, GTK+, Qt, VTK, ...)
OpenTK is available as a NuGet Package.
Note what installing NuGet package will add reference to OpenTK.dll, but OpenTK.dll.config will not be copied to the project output directory automatically, so you need to add it to your project and then enable the "Copy to Output Directory" option (as in step 3 below).
Work is well underway on OpenTK 4.0, which targets .netstandard 2.0.
We would welcome any contributions!
Click here to view the tracking issue.
OpenTK 3.0.1 is available.
OpenTK 3.0.0 is available.
Building from source
git clone https://github.com/opentk/opentk # Download source code from git cd opentk # Enter the source directory dotnet build # Build using .Net Core
OpenTK uses and encourages Early Pull Requests. Please don't wait until you're done to open a PR!
- Install Git and the .Net Core SDK
- Fork OpenTK
- Create a branch on your fork.
- Add an empty commit to start your work off (and let you open a PR):
git commit --allow-empty -m "start of [thing you're working on]"
- Open a Pull request with
[WIP]in the title. Do this before you actually start working.
- Make your commits in small, incremental steps with clear descriptions.
- Tag a maintainer when you're done and ask for a review!
- Windows (7/8,10), Linux, Mac OS X, *BSD, SteamOS, Android or iOS
- For graphics, OpenGL drivers or a suitable emulator, such as ANGLE
- For audio, OpenAL drivers or OpenAL Soft
- To develop desktop applications: Visual Studio, Rider, or the command line tools.
- To develop Android applications: Visual Studio and Xamarin
- To develop iOS applications: Visual Studio, Xamarin and XCode
- The SDL2 backend has a number of limitations compared to the native platform backends. In particular, SDL2 does not support:
OpenTK.GLControl. OpenTK will automatically switch to a native platform backend instead.
DisplayDevice.ChangeResolution()without a fullscreen
- Switching between
- High-resolution mouse input. Additionally, it is limited to a single keyboard and mouse device.
- OpenTK.Input.GamePad.SetVibration is currently not implemented. This API will be implemented in a future release.
API Documentation is available on the official website or inline from favourite IDE.
You can also browse the full API on the official website
Additional information can be found in the OpenTK Manual.
Technical documentation about the implementation of OpenTK can be found in the Technical Wiki.
Come chat with us on Discord.
We're happy to help with anything from learning OpenGL to advanced OpenTK questions.
The Open Toolkit is distributed under the permissive MIT/X11 license and is absolutely free.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the OpenTK README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.