OpenTK alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Graphics" category.
Alternatively, view OpenTK alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.5 1.8 L3 OpenTK VS Live-ChartsAnimated, MVVM friendly .Net charts, for WPF, WinForms under the MIT Licence (Free), written in C#, LiveCharts listens for any change in your data automatically and updates UI. http://lvcharts.net/
7.7 0.3 OpenTK VS Win2DWin2D is an easy-to-use Windows Runtime API for immediate mode 2D graphics rendering with GPU acceleration. It is available to C#, C++ and VB developers writing apps for the Windows Universal Platform (UWP). It utilizes the power of Direct2D, and integrates seamlessly with XAML and CoreWindow.
7.5 8.7 OpenTK VS Helix ToolkitHelix Toolkit is a collection of 3D components for .NET
Interactive Data Display for WPF is a set of controls for adding interactive visualization of dynamic data to your application.
6.1 7.7 OpenTK VS LibVLCSharpLibVLCSharp is a cross-platform audio and video API for .NET platforms based on VideoLAN's LibVLC Library.
5.3 9.0 OpenTK VS Silk.NETA cross-platform, high-performance, low-level .NET Standard wrapper for many advanced APIs such as OpenGL, OpenCL, OpenAL, OpenXR, Assimp, GLFW, as well as many others. In addition to wrapping over Native APIs, it also comes with its own Windowing and Input abstraction. This makes game and application development with Silk.NET a breeze, and has pretty much everything a 3D application developer would need.
3.0 6.2 OpenTK VS SciChartExamples, tutorials, and sandbox for SciChart WPF: High Performance Realtime Charts
A cross-platform .NET Standard wrapper for the Open Asset Importer ("Assimp"). The library enables importing, processing, and exporting of 3D models for rendering in graphics/game applications. Over 40 formats are supported for importing (e.g. OBJ, FBX, GLTF, 3DS, Collada) and a subset of those formats can be exported to (e.g. OBJ, GLTF, 3DS, Collada). Mesh processing features allow for mesh data to be generated or optimized for real-time rendering.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of OpenTK or a related project?
OpenTK is a large project. There are many components to work on, and we'd welcome almost any contribution. The community is friendly, welcoming and always ready to help you get your PRs merged!
We have a very active discord server, if you need help, want to help, or are just curious, come join us!
The Open Toolkit library is a fast, low-level C# binding for OpenGL, OpenGL ES, OpenAL, and OpenCL. It runs on all major platforms and powers hundreds of apps, games and scientific research.
Use OpenTK to add cross-platform 3d graphics, audio, compute and haptics to your C# application. Integrate it into your existing user interface or use it standalone without any external dependencies.
OpenTK comes with simple and easy to follow tutorials for learning modern OpenGL. These are written by the community and represent all of the best practices to get you started.
Learn how to use OpenTK here: https://opentk.net/learn/index.html
Sample projects that accompany the tutorial can be found here: https://github.com/opentk/LearnOpenTK
Project website: https://opentk.net
Official git repository: https://github.com/opentk/opentk
- Create cutting-edge graphics with OpenGL 4.6 and OpenGL ES 3.0
- Spice up your GUI with 3d acceleration
- Improve your code flow with strong types and inline documentation
- Windowing systems to help get you started
- Input, and other game essentials.
- Performant, highly optimized and reliable linear algebra library
- Write once run everywhere
OpenTK is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, *BSD and SteamOS. It can be used standalone or integrated into a GUI (Windows.Forms, WPF, GTK+, Qt, VTK, ...)
An old, unsupported version of OpenTK 1.0 may be included in the Xamarin Android and iOS distribution. The Xamarin fork is not supported or maintained by this project.
Adding support for mobile again is a future goal of the OpenTK project, but is somewhat frustrated by Apple's deprecation of OpenGL. Contributions to re-add support for these platforms are welcomed.
OpenTK is available as a NuGet Package.
OpenTK 4.0.0 is released with full availability.
- Full support for .Net Core 3.1
- Brand new GLFW-based windowing system
- Brand new GLFW-based input system
- Removed all platform-specific backends (and fixed every xplat bug!)
- Math library performance improvements and fixes
- All new OpenAL bindings
- All new OpenCL Bindings
- Total restructure of all packages into a modular system with a number of packages. The OpenTK Nuget package is now a metapackage that will automatically download all of these for you.
OpenTK 4.0.0 is entirely MIT licensed.
We're excited to see what you can build with this!
Oops! Forgot to update the news! OpenTK 4.0.0 PREVIEW is now available on Nuget.
OpenTK 3.2.0 is available.
This adds bindings for the wgl_dx_interop extension and support for joysticks with > 64 buttons.
OpenTK 3.1.0 is available.
Work is well underway on OpenTK 4.0, which targets .netstandard 2.0.
We would welcome any contributions!
Click here to view the tracking issue.
OpenTK 3.0.1 is available.
OpenTK 3.0.0 is available.
Building from source
git clone https://github.com/opentk/opentk # Download source code from git cd opentk # Enter the source directory ./build.cmd / ./build.sh # Run the bootstrap/build script for your platform
OpenTK uses and encourages Early Pull Requests. Please don't wait until you're done to open a PR!
- Install Git and the .Net Core SDK
- Fork OpenTK
- Create a branch on your fork.
- Add an empty commit to start your work off (and let you open a PR):
git commit --allow-empty -m "start of [thing you're working on]"
- Open a Pull request with
[WIP]in the title. Do this before you actually start working.
- Make your commits in small, incremental steps with clear descriptions.
- Tag a maintainer when you're done and ask for a review!
- Windows (7/8,10), Linux, Mac OS X, *BSD, SteamOS, Android or iOS
- For graphics, OpenGL drivers or a suitable emulator, such as ANGLE
- For audio, OpenAL drivers or OpenAL Soft
- To develop desktop applications: Visual Studio, Rider, or the command line tools.
- To develop Android applications: Visual Studio and Xamarin
- To develop iOS applications: Visual Studio, Xamarin and XCode
API Documentation is available on the official website or inline from favourite IDE.
You can also browse the full API on the official website
Additional information can be found in the OpenTK Manual.
Technical documentation about the implementation of OpenTK can be found in the Technical Wiki.
Come chat with us on Discord.
We're happy to help with anything from learning OpenGL to advanced OpenTK questions.
The Open Toolkit is distributed under the permissive MIT/X11 license and is absolutely free.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the OpenTK README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.